Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tyree Signs with Ravens

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-with-ravens/

Tyree catches on with Ravens
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 13, 2009 2:54 PM ET
    Receiver David Tyree, a hero of Super Bowl XLII who was unceremoniously dumped by the Giants roughly 20 months after giving the football-watching world one of the most thrilling and memorable highlights of all time, has agreed to terms with the Ravens.

Per Adam Schefter of ESPN, Tyree cut short his visit with the Bucs to sign with Baltimore.

He's expected to sign a contract later today.

We wonder whether he'll hold the pen against his head while he signs the document.

Tyree was cut by the Giants before the season, and he has generated scattered interest.

Re: Tyree Signs with Ravens

Meah, this signing doesn't excite me. Maybe he helps on special teams, but what we really need now is a WR that can keep Clayton on the sideline.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

Am I the only one scratching my head here? Unless we're cutting Demetrius Williams, or about to trade Kelley Washington or Mark Clayton for something, how does this move make sense?

Tyree doesn't offer us much in the WR side...certainly not any more than Demetrius Williams, and how often do you expect we'll go with a 4 WR set?

On special teams, I think his coverage skills will be nice, but was our coverage really lacking more than say pass rushing depth or CB depth?

Can someone shed some light why we're bringing him in now? A few weeks ago would've made more sense...we thought we might need more depth at ST coverage and he'd help a bit at WR. Now, I can't say that's the most pressing need on our team.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Mike Duffy says
    duffstar Tyree to Ravens is official. Ravens cut TE Tony Curtis.1 minute ago from web
    Even with all the doghouse talk and trade talk, Demetrius Williams is still on the team.

I guess the injury to Ayanbadejo hurt our special teams significantly in the coaches eyes.

Blog Entries

Eh, I'm actually happier we kept D.Wil...I think he has a better chance to make an impact than Tony Curtis did. Curtis was injury insurance at TE, Tyree will play on ST at least.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

I should have titled this Tyree expected to sign with Ravens...he hasn't actually signed as of yet.

Blog Entries

Mike Duffy of baltimoreravens.com reporting it is official, though no story on the website yet.

I'll give you a technical on this one...it's not official yet, but all sign are pointing to it happening shortly

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Am I the only one scratching my head here? Unless we're cutting Demetrius Williams, or about to trade Kelley Washington or Mark Clayton for something, how does this move make sense?

Tyree doesn't offer us much in the WR side...certainly not any more than Demetrius Williams, and how often do you expect we'll go with a 4 WR set?

On special teams, I think his coverage skills will be nice, but was our coverage really lacking more than say pass rushing depth or CB depth?

Can someone shed some light why we're bringing him in now? A few weeks ago would've made more sense...we thought we might need more depth at ST coverage and he'd help a bit at WR. Now, I can't say that's the most pressing need on our team.
    It's probably pretty simple. Just because we have issues with our pass rush and pass defense doesn't mean there are guys worth grabbing out there. If there were I'm sure they would look at them. This is probably more of a ST move and maybe a way to bring on some competition in the WR corps... D Will could be on his way out also.

Blog Entries

Curtis eh? No huge loss then.

Maybe we can cut D.Will and sign Matt Jones. Why did we bring in another short receiver?

Blog Entries

Matt Jones is trying out for Tampa today...Tyree was also there, but cut it short to sign with us.

My gut says if Tampa really wants a WR, as long as Matt Jones isn't snorting on the field, he'll be signed there. They already lost out on one WR. And even then, I doubt we sign TWO new WRs...that's two guys who have to learn the playbook, and we don't want to find ourself in trouble if there's an injury to any of our top 3.

Blog Entries

Official. Story on BR.com

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...vid_Tyree.aspx

Duffy needs to think before he publishes though...Curtis was signed when Burgess was traded. BURGESS was the signing made when Ayanbedejo went on IR, not Curtis.

Also funny side note, according to PFT, Matt Jones WON'T be signing with the Bucs...the winner of their WR tryout? One YAMON FIGURS!