Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willis

Willis

I was watching some of the game highlights last night, and just wanted to make this one last observation. Is it just me, or were there any others out there who were Impressed with the way Willis hung on to the ball, after getting hammered in the endzone on that TD pass? He took quite a shot, and still clung to the ball. You just have to love Willis's toughness and grit. I hope he remains a Raven for a long time to come.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: Willis

Agreed, but only as long as he stays hungry, healthy, and is not expected to be the 'feature' back.

I've been really impressed with the way Willis came back, I think our 3-headed monster is unique, sets us apart from other teams in the league, i hope we keep it together for at least another few years.

now we need to utilize our running attack. I knwo it's tempting because we have a top 10 QB to just wing the ball all over the field, but there's a balance there we need to maintian.

Not many teams since the early decade colts with James have had as balanced a passing and rushing attack as the ravens have this year. we need to find that balance though.

Not only do we have what I consider the best running tandem in all of the NFL, but we have a dominant O-line to boot. A run first mentality really augments the play-action attack, which can only make Joe Cool that much more effective.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Not only do we have what I consider the best running tandem in all of the NFL, but we have a dominant O-line to boot. A run first mentality really augments the play-action attack, which can only make Joe Cool that much more effective.
    Why doesn't Cam see this? I don't think Ray Rice has lost yardage all year and if he has it wasn't much. By beating a team into submission via the ground attack it only strengthens your passing game in the long run, wears down the clock, and beats the sh!t out of the opposing D!!

Run the Rock CAM!!!

Running more is something I think will be fixed starting on Sunday.

If for no other reason than I don't think Harbs wants the outcome of the game to rest in the hands of most of our receivers.

Know your strengths and utilize them. We run the rock to set up the pass, not the other way around!

Blog Entries

I wonder how much of it is protecting the backs as much as possible until the rough weather starts playing into things.

Blog Entries

Actually, that might not be true. Apparently Cam doesn't believe you have to be a dominant running team to win in this league.

10. Re: Willis

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Actually, that might not be true. Apparently Cam doesn't believe you have to be a dominant running team to win in this league.
    He helped make LT who he is

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    He helped make LT who he is
    I'm just paraphrasing what he said.

After last week I am sure that we are going to run more than we did against the Patriots. Last week they obviously thought they could attack the Patriots secondary. Contrary to what people think, they do know more than us. It turned out to not be the best plan but that is hindsight. If they knew before the game how the game would end up, they would have changed the game plan.

Regardless, let's not think about the past and focus on the future. This is a very good offense with a lot of weapons.

Do you realize that we have the #3 offense and the #8 defense! How many times in the past 10 years have we said "If only we have a top 15 (20?) offense we would be dominate".