Do we have a game this week?

I forget. Somehow we're so stuck on talking about these penalties and the New England game that I thought it was the end of the season.

I can't remember, who's playing this week?

Re: Do we have a game this week?

The Bungles, bring em on, the team has moved on and is ready to take back first place and vent some frustrations on them I'm sure. :)
    Last edited by mjones73; 10-09-2009 at 05:58 AM.

Yea this is getting a little out of hand. The last time I remember this much hoopla after a regular season game was 2007 against the Pats... go figure. But I think this is mostly coming from the fans and media. The players said what they wanted to say immediately after the game, and have moved on to the Bengals, and the always important Ochocinco trash talk that precedes every Cinci game.

About to hop on a plane now for Baltimore.

A few weeks ago I was a little disappointed that I was coming back for this game, thinking the Bungals were going to be a joke.

Now I am excited that this is for FIRST PLACE!!!!!

5. Re: Do we have a game this week?

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    Yea this is getting a little out of hand. The last time I remember this much hoopla after a regular season game was 2007 against the Pats... go figure. But I think this is mostly coming from the fans and media. The players said what they wanted to say immediately after the game, and have moved on to the Bengals, and the always important Ochocinco trash talk that precedes every Cinci game.
    And I believe we got absolutely stomped the next week by Indy after that Pats game. I don't think the players still have this game in their mind, as I posted some of their thoughts that were on Twitter, other than a bad taste in their mouths from a loss. The fans can, and will, continue to bitch, but the players will be fine.

Blog Entries

I think these guys have moved on. They said what they had to say and I'm sure feel a sense of vindication by not getting banged in the wallet. They know they were right and have moved on....now its time to plant Carson Palmer into the turf Sunday!!!

We could be really optimistic and say that if we end up meeting the Pats again in the playoffs, this loss could be the motivating factor that gives us the edge that we need, especially if we have to make a 2nd trip to Foxboro.

Blog Entries

did you miss the sparring between Ocho Cinco and various Ravens? He's been telling us we're going to "Kiss the baby" all week!

btw, odds next year on him changing his name to "Kiss Thebaby"? He seems to be throwing that phrase ALL over the place.

I think the players and coaches know this is a HUGE game for us...but as fans, we're a little sore from NE. I saw a lot of people on the way to work this morning wearing the colors for Purple Friday, so I think we know we have a game against the Bengals, we're just focusing on the mess of last weekend a little more.

I am a little concerned about our pass D against the Bengals. We did a great job shutting them down last year, and I believe the way we did it was "bracket coverage" on OC and Housh...Chris Henry is back in a big way, though he's been held to just a few catches the past few weeks. Coles and Caldwell are still guys you have to watch out for. The hardest thing on D this week may be replacing BA...he was carving out a good niche on D, and replacing him will prove a bit touch since we don't have many LBs who can cover like he could...McClain is a rusher, Ellerbe is better against the run than the pass, and not so sure Burgess can do a good job of pass coverage. I think you'll likely see Zibby and Nakamura getting more snaps and maybe rotating some guys around in those packages.

On the other side of the ball, their secondary doesn't scare me too much...We have to be mindful of Roy Williams, who I think is back this week, and we definitley need to be careful of their pass rush with Gaither likely down for this week...Oher at LT and Yanda at RT worked out pretty well against NE, but Odom has been a beast this year.

This will be a hard fought game, but I'm thinking our loss last week fuels the fire for us to hit these guys HARD. My only hope is that their performance last week was more the rule than the exception, since they made the Browns a LEGITIMATE player last week, while we made the Browns look pee-wee two weeks ago.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    did you miss the sparring between Ocho Cinco and various Ravens? He's been telling us we're going to "Kiss the baby" all week!

btw, odds next year on him changing his name to "Kiss Thebaby"? He seems to be throwing that phrase ALL over the place.

I think the players and coaches know this is a HUGE game for us...but as fans, we're a little sore from NE. I saw a lot of people on the way to work this morning wearing the colors for Purple Friday, so I think we know we have a game against the Bengals, we're just focusing on the mess of last weekend a little more.

I am a little concerned about our pass D against the Bengals. We did a great job shutting them down last year, and I believe the way we did it was "bracket coverage" on OC and Housh...Chris Henry is back in a big way, though he's been held to just a few catches the past few weeks. Coles and Caldwell are still guys you have to watch out for. The hardest thing on D this week may be replacing BA...he was carving out a good niche on D, and replacing him will prove a bit touch since we don't have many LBs who can cover like he could...McClain is a rusher, Ellerbe is better against the run than the pass, and not so sure Burgess can do a good job of pass coverage. I think you'll likely see Zibby and Nakamura getting more snaps and maybe rotating some guys around in those packages.

On the other side of the ball, their secondary doesn't scare me too much...We have to be mindful of Roy Williams, who I think is back this week, and we definitley need to be careful of their pass rush with Gaither likely down for this week...Oher at LT and Yanda at RT worked out pretty well against NE, but Odom has been a beast this year.

This will be a hard fought game, but I'm thinking our loss last week fuels the fire for us to hit these guys HARD. My only hope is that their performance last week was more the rule than the exception, since they made the Browns a LEGITIMATE player last week, while we made the Browns look pee-wee two weeks ago.
    If by in a big way you mean he's been superceded by Andre Caldwell, then I'd agree. Henry has been invisible.

Blog Entries

Andre Caldwell had the big catch against the Steelers, and his big games were Week 1 and 3, but he's done about the same as Chris Henry in the regular season in Week 2 and 4...plus he was pretty much a non-factor in preseason. Chris Henry had a HUGE pre-season, but has not been able to turn that into much regular season. But, he's come up big against us before, so I think we need to watch out for a breakout game against him.

That said, the trend is showing a big game for Caldwell this week...he has 12 catches for 106 yards and a TD in odd weeks, with 4 catches for 42 yards in even weeks.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Lets see the Bungles up next.

Obviously they wont be able to run the ball.

In the passing game they have been below average, 22nd overall only averaging 195 yds a game. No big WR except Henry who has been a non factor this year so far.

Nothing special on defense either, 20th in the league overall. Given up a TON of yards through the air, 27th allowing a whopping 245 yds per game. Decent run defense at 14th 105 yds per game.

This appears to be taylor made for another 300 yd passing day from Joe, and probably a good game for the offense overall. The Bungles will score, but they probably won't be able to put up as many points as we will. ( I still shake my head every time I say something like that)

Their first game was probably one of the worst dispalys off football ever known to man from both teams, and we all know how that ended.

Second game the Packers just could not protect with that horrible tackle situation that is how they won that one.

Third game they get a quality win vs the Stealers, aided by a Big Jen pick 6.

Fourth game they were 20 seconds away from tying the Browns after 5 quarters.

Overall a pretty inconsistent, mediocre team.

Ravens 31 Bungles 17.
    Last edited by 52decleetzu; 10-10-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Blog Entries

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...k.5/index.html

This article got me pretty fired up...which is odd because we're NOT getting dissed...in fact, they are calling it for us in a blowout win.

I think it's more someone putting in perspective that we could rally go out and just blow it up this game. He's right, Ray Lewis and the rest of the team gets REAL pissed off about losses, especially one where we feel cheated and where we had a chance to win it ourselves. And we're at home, so that gives us an edge already.

The only thing that concerns me is not talking about Cleveland's passing attack against our secondary. That is actually the biggest matchup to me. I think our offense can take care of business against the Bengals, and we KNOW our run defense will take them out of the game. But if Carson can pick apart our secondary, they've got the WRs to really make a game of it and potentially pull it out. The key for me is the secondary playing mistake-free, limit the big play Defense. I think if we can do that and keep up the redzone D from Weeks 1-3, we can pull out a nice win here and then focus on Fahvruh.