Thread: Tony Nails it

Tony Nails it

http://ravens24x7.blogspot.com/2009/...-affected.html

You can’t really fault Brady for his Oscar-caliber performances but you can call him stupid for admitting to them. Yet the real fault here lies with the officiating. I get the rules – like them or not they are the rules. If you need to protect quarterbacks then do it – ALL QUARTERBACKS. There’s a reason that the league chose not to fine the Ravens’ players this week – they were right to voice their frustrations!

And for those of you that want to criticize the Ravens for complaining about the officiating, how about YOU get over it! By voicing their opinion the Ravens just made the NFL world a better place for all future 2009 opponents of the New England Patriots and that could be a could thing for the purple and black......................much more

Great blog breaking down all the crucial errors by the refs, and contrary to what some are saying they do not all revolve around roughing the passer penalties. There was more. Many more bullshit calls.

Re: Tony Nails it

Maybe in his next blog he will tell us how he reconciles these two ideas;

"Penalties were ridiculous and yesterday’s lack of team discipline was reminiscent of a Brian Billick team"
    "Of course the Ravens will spin the loss in ways that divert attention away from Clayton. Flacco wasn’t exactly stellar (although I’d say he continued to grow) and stars like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed didn’t exactly shine. Oh and guys, you need to put this game behind you and get off the officials. Leave that up to the media and the fans and refocus on the Bengals. Monday, October 5th

WITH;

And for those of you that want to criticize the Ravens for complaining about the officiating, how about YOU get over it! By voicing their opinion the Ravens just made the NFL world a better place for all future 2009 opponents of the New England Patriots and that could be a could thing for the purple and black. - Thursday, October 8th

Ravens need to get over it...oh wait, no...the fans need to get over it. Sounds like someone been eating at the Waffle House too much these days.

Blog Entries

GALEN, People are getting over it but when you're on the sh*t end of the stick more often than not it sucks. The media is still talking about it cause there were BS calls. We have seen the benefit from a few (very few) in the past. But look at the HUGE missed calls in games that screwed the Ravens.

1.)Suggs against Titans last year
    2.)Phantom roughing the punter call against the steelers in the AFC champ game.
    3. 90% of calls against the Pats in 2007

We could go on and on and on, name some games we won cause of favorable calls, especially against the Colts Steelers or Pats, not saying they were lost cause of officiating, but they certainly didn't help. If your tired of us ranting about bad calls stop hopping on the forums talking about the bad calls
    This game is frustrating enough without the Refs F-ing it up for either side.

I agree that Tony nailed it, and if you can't see that, espeicially with the league refusing to give fines to coach Harbaugh and a myriad of Raven players then you are just a hapless ass.

I emailed Goodell after the game, though I doubt he cares enough about the fans to read his own emails, but I'm sure whatever person does understood what I told him about the game being too "pussified" by the rules commitee and the likes of little Tommi Brady. It's time for us fans to take back the NFL before Goodell does to it what the Democrats are doing to this country.

Maybe in his next blog he will tell us how he reconciles these two ideas;

"Penalties were ridiculous and yesterday’s lack of team discipline was reminiscent of a Brian Billick team"
    "Of course the Ravens will spin the loss in ways that divert attention away from Clayton. Flacco wasn’t exactly stellar (although I’d say he continued to grow) and stars like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed didn’t exactly shine. Oh and guys, you need to put this game behind you and get off the officials. Leave that up to the media and the fans and refocus on the Bengals. Monday, October 5th

WITH;

And for those of you that want to criticize the Ravens for complaining about the officiating, how about YOU get over it! By voicing their opinion the Ravens just made the NFL world a better place for all future 2009 opponents of the New England Patriots and that could be a could thing for the purple and black. - Thursday, October 8th

Ravens need to get over it...oh wait, no...the fans need to get over it. Sounds like someone been eating at the Waffle House too much these days.
    That's pretty simple Galen...

First inherent in the suggestion for the Ravens players to get over it and let the media and the fans gripe about it, is another suggestion...it's now time for the players to think about the Bengals...

Secondly this comment:

And for those of you that want to criticize the Ravens for complaining about the officiating, how about YOU get over it! By voicing their opinion the Ravens just made the NFL world a better place for all future 2009 opponents of the New England Patriots and that could be a could thing for the purple and black.
    Is directed towards those fans and media members who suggest the Ravens, other fans and other media members are whining about the officiating...I say to THEM "get over it" Whining in my opinion is complaining without cause; to divert blame by blaming others. I don't think that's what the Ravens have done and fans that do and label them whiners THEY need to shut up and move on.

If the league thought the Ravens were genuinely whining per my definition above, they would have been fined...and they were NOT.

Now as for that Waffle House comment, that isn't exactly the case although I'll admit that restful sleep has avoided me since Sunday...this flu is kicking my ass!

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    That's pretty simple Galen...

First inherent in the suggestion for the Ravens players to get over it and let the media and the fans gripe about it, is another suggestion...it's now time for the players to think about the Bengals...

Secondly this comment:

Is directed towards those fans and media members who suggest the Ravens, other fans and other media members are whining about the officiating...I say to THEM "get over it" Whining in my opinion is complaining without cause; to divert blame by blaming others. I don't think that's what the Ravens have done and fans that do and label them whiners THEY need to shut up and move on.

If the league thought the Ravens were genuinely whining per my definition above, they would have been fined...and they were NOT.

Now as for that Waffle House comment, that isn't exactly the case although I'll admit that restful sleep has avoided me since Sunday...this flu is kicking my ass!
    I appreciate the stab at reconciliating the two points. I'm just trying to be part of the "cool club" that also whines about the Refs and Brady. Maybe I am just set to be a loner emo fighting my own battles

Here's to the hopes that you kick that flu and get out to M&T fully throated on Sunday.