Thread: Ray Rice

Ray Rice

trying to take some positives out of this loss. ray rice has quietly been doing very well, whether its been chipping on blocks, catching screens or just running it he has been doing a very good job. love his attitude

Blog Entries

Re: Ray Rice

The only thing we have yet to see from Rice is can he carry the full workload...he's great at running, cutting, catching, etc...but he's always been part of a rotation. As long as we have a decent back to share some carries with him, I think he's going to be a special back in the NFL over the next couple years.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

3. Re: Ray Rice

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The only thing we have yet to see from Rice is can he carry the full workload...he's great at running, cutting, catching, etc...but he's always been part of a rotation. As long as we have a decent back to share some carries with him, I think he's going to be a special back in the NFL over the next couple years.
    He carried the ball like 8,000,000 times a year at Rutgers every year. The only knock on him coming out of school other than his size is that he may have too much wear and tear on him already. Although he hasn't done it at this level (because he hasn't needed to), I don't doubt that Ray can carry the load when asked.

I feel like a fool for sitting him in fantasy for Tashard Choice. I've had Ray as my #2 all year. Willis is killing his value by taking all the TDs but Ray is by far the more productive back. He's a keeper fellas, he can do it all. He seems durable. I think he will last as long as his speed does.

Blog Entries

i have both...it's a nightmare to choose...Rice consistently gets about 7 or 8 each week, but Willis has been getting 16-17 per week, making him the better play...

Today he got me 8 while Rice had 18. Too tough to call.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!