Our stadium rocks!

Impressions of Foxboro today

Horrible media - team wouldn't show any replays most of the time, but instead would just show a picture of the Patriots logo. TV displays were small.

In a tight game with a minute left 30% of the stadium was empty.

Good tailgating out in the parking lots.

Makes me appreciate what we've got at the Vault.

Re: Our stadium rocks!

I was also unimpressed with crowd noise - not very loud especially for crucial segments.

Wink Re: Our stadium rocks!

How Gillette Field is better than Ravens Stadium:

- Open view to the field from first and third deck councourses

- Patriots Place adjacent

- more close-in tailgate parking

- commuter trains service direct to stadium from Providence and Beantown

- better music

How Ravens Stadium is better than Gillette Field:

- crabcakes

- double sized video screens

- better access to interstates and city grid

- better stadium exiting (at Foxboro, the entire north side of stadium dumps out at a single yen foot wide choke point - took 1/2 hour to get out)

- no annoying PA system advertisements as in Foxboro and Landover

- crowd is more into the game in the first 3 quarters
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I agree with most of Mista T's assessment. I'd also like to add that parking around Gillette is $40-$50 bucks (I use a garage north of M&T and its 12 bucks). Also I don't think their tailgating is that much better since their lots were not well placed (one lot next to the stadium, then the Patriots place stuff in between, then another lot, then RT1 in between, then another few lots - what a fiasco getting in and out).

Their video board is horrendous, I have a TV in my living room that is better. Their scoreboard is terrible, I couldn't even see it from my section. Their replays were practically non-existent, they only played a few the entire game (as Merlin mentioned). When Gaither was hurt no one had any idea who was down, they didn't announce it or have anything on the video board.

I think the stadium looked empty because of the standing areas, you could get a better view from them as opposed to some of the upper level seats. This is why I think the standing room thing is kind of bad because it makes the stadium look empty.

I also found it interesting they let them say "Good for another Patriots" then the crowd would say "first down." Yet they won't let Bruce say "It's...third down."

Just fyi for all you guys that were there yesterday. Major props for your vocal chords. Every time you yelled "Heapppppp," I smiled with pride. That was awesome.

I was there with you in San Diego and that was just as great- but the alcohol intake made my recollection of it a little fuzzy.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

I don't have nearly as many stadiums under my belt but I've been to Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Buffalo, FedEx, San Fran and Tennessee. I'd put our stadium, fans and experience up against those places any day.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    How Gillette Field is better than Ravens Stadium:

- better music
    From my living room, I believe I heard Welcome to the Jungle 5,824 times. A little variety would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    From my living room, I believe I heard Welcome to the Jungle 5,824 times. A little variety would be nice.
    True, they played that a lot, but they also played a lot of Beastie Boys, so they did well in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    True, they played that a lot, but they also played a lot of Beastie Boys, so they did well in my book.
    They play sabotage when the yellow flags were flying?
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    lol - I was just upset they didn't have a marching band. All the Pats fans I talked to were devastated they couldn't enjoy a marching band at an NFL venue.