Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 36373839 LastLast

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Patriots

Clayton: "I just dropped the ball. It's on me!"

Reed says the spots of the ball were ridiculous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Ray calls the officiating embarassing at his presser. Says Brady was laughing at the roughing calls. He was pissed. Suggs says the Ravens should just play 2 hand touch.

Harbaugh kept his mouth shut to avoid fines.
    Of course he was laughing. He got exactly what he knew he'd get, you don't hit the QB below the waist, he should know, it was because of him that the rule was made.

Harbaugh was hot the whole game - Reed was pissed the whole game too - I'm sure Harbs will get a letter on Tuesday + CBS may get a fine since the "BS" went out live on TV.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Blog Entries

Suggs said we might as well be playing 2 hand touch football. Nice.

I'm liking our chances against a lot of teams, based on the way we played today. A few bounces here or there, we win this game. In previous years, we'd be LUCKY to get the shot we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Of course he was laughing. He got exactly what he knew he'd get, you don't hit the QB below the waist, he should know, it was because of him that the rule was made.
    I didn't think Suggs "hit" him. Looked like a grazing at most. The sickening calls-- on the Bodden int, clearly illegal contact (especially as compared to the Carr call). This missed call led to a point swing that became key.Bad stuff. There was also a blatant block in the back on a Brady run right in front of the Ravens bench. And when the hell does a coach get penalized for saying something was a BS call? Huh? And the spot on the fake FG.

We still shoulda taken it, but the officiating was horrid; but what's worse is that it was unbalanced.

Blog Entries

This is why I don't buy that the team's mentality has changed. They go to the press after the game and complain, there were some shit calls yes, but there were some deserved ones too. When you play the game you don't stew on it to let it out in the PC, you go out there and use it as fuel to beat the living crap of the guy in front of you.

Harbaugh is starting to imposee himself on the team more, and I like that, but these guys need to get away from this petty stuff and look at the big picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQexV...e=channel_page

Serious emotion from Ray in this video.

I don't like the public whining either.

We all saw it. No need to go on the podium and complain.

Blog Entries

I do like that line by Ray though

"That ain't no personal foul if you still smiling"

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    That is BS man. Suggs fell to the ground and Brady walked into him, what is suggs supposed to do start rolling away from Brady so you don't touch him, this is football last time I checked. The refs did a poor job today as Flacco was crushed on may hits and no flag and we barely touch the golden boy and we get flags.

A loss is a loss and I'm fine with losing, but to try and justify those calls today is crazy. A defender has a right to make a play as well and if the player falls to the ground what the hell else is he supposed to do.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I know we all complain about the Mike Carey game.....

BUT over the years...how many games....BIG games does Ron Winter get and screw up....seems his games always have weird crap happen!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    That is BS man. Suggs fell to the ground and Brady walked into him, what is suggs supposed to do start rolling away from Brady so you don't touch him, this is football last time I checked. The refs did a poor job today as Flacco was crushed on may hits and no flag and we barely touch the golden boy and we get flags.

A loss is a loss and I'm fine with losing, but to try and justify those calls today is crazy. A defender has a right to make a play as well and if the player falls to the ground what the hell else is he supposed to do.
    The fact is he took two or three steps forward whilst going down, he knows that hitting the QB around the knees is an injury. He also knows Hollywood Tom makes soccer players look like stalwarts, he could have gone to the side of Brady and avoided hitting him in the legs. That was what the rule was made for, to stop people going in at the knees when they can avoid it.

It's a shit rule, but it was applied correctly.

I've watched Pats games a lot the last few years, brady is always calling for and looking for flags, he whines and bitches to the refs, and he'll get his way in the end. It's disgraceful, but you have to know going in he'll do that.