Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Welker likely active, Wilfork not

Says Sal on ESPN.

Yeah they got Welker but who knows how healthy he is, but it might not matter if we are shoving the ball down their throat and chewing up clock.

Willis ran wild WITH Wilfork in there in 07, our backs could have a big day with him out of the lineup. Brace out of BC is the replacement just drafted, he is not quite as big as Wilfork but capable.

Re: Welker likely active, Wilfork not

Welker is the #1 guy I am worried about. Was hoping he would be inactive. He could drive Carr nuts all day.

Let's go secondary, prove week 2 was a fluke!!!!
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

WillieMac has some of his best games against the Pats and as you said, had a big game in '07....I think Welker could have a big game if he's healthy as Brady (hopefully) won't have a lot of time to pass.

A steady ground game and some deep shots from Joe should keep them off the field too!

4. Re: Welker likely active, Wilfork not

Been lurking for a while, but decided now is as good of a time as any to make my first post.

Anyone know if Mason will likely be starting or not? He was a late addition to the injury report with an undisclosed illness.

EDIT: noticed the poster above me is from Hanover, PA. I spent much of my childhood in that town myself. (lived on 2nd avenue, york street, and bloomingrove road. OT, but pretty neat).

Welker is my biggest concern here.

To me, jamming Welker at the LOS is the key to controlling that aspect of their offense.
    Those quick slants they like to do to him are all timing based.
    Throw offf the timing, you throw off a good part of what they like to do.
    Bottom line, whoever is covering Welker needs to get physical with him at the LOS.

If he is free to give Brady that outlet he loves this could be a long day.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by rmthawk64 View Post
    Been lurking for a while, but decided now is as good of a time as any to make my first post.

Anyone know if Mason will likely be starting or not? He was a late addition to the injury report with an undisclosed illness.

EDIT: noticed the poster above me is from Hanover, PA. I spent much of my childhood in that town myself. (lived on 2nd avenue, york street, and bloomingrove road. OT, but pretty neat).
    Flu bug going around the complex, that was why Mason was added.

He is fine and will be playing.

Per WNST Brace inactive and Wilfork active.

Mayo out. Galloway inactive.

Way to go Bill, you duped another reporter with the injury report. 3 hours before the game sending out false info, Jesus does it really matter at that point?

Blog Entries

This will be tough then, both Welker AND Wilfork active. Not sure if Mayo being out hurts their D, but I'm guessing not really.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Wilfork & Welker being active certainly makes things more interesting.But you got to test them out.To see how healthy they really are.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Per WNST Brace inactive and Wilfork active.

Mayo out. Galloway inactive.

Way to go Bill, you duped another reporter with the injury report. 3 hours before the game sending out false info, Jesus does it really matter at that point?
    Galloway inactive?

Who's their other deep threat receiver besides Moss?

I thought Galloway was the guy they brought in to compliment Moss on the other side?

This could be large allowing Reed or Landry to cheat over towards Moss a little more then they were already going to have to do.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Maybe I'm miisguided here, but Wilfork doesn't concern me as much as he does to others.

I don't think Wilfork plays a big part in those outside sweeps, pitchouts, etc. that we seem to be useing with alot of success.

Matt Birk did a great job with Big Baby last week so I think having similar or at least adequate success will be achieved with Wilfork.
    Particurally if he isn't 100%.

Sounds like they're trying to push him out there prior to when they'd really prefer.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Galloway inactive?

Who's their other deep threat receiver besides Moss?

I thought Galloway was the guy they brought in to compliment Moss on the other side?

This could be large allowing Reed or Landry to cheat over towards Moss a little more then they were already going to have to do.
    Galloway has been a huge disappointment so far this year. Dropped balls and there are rumors that he has not picked up the offense yet.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...ted-today.html

Have no clue who will be taking his spot, reading their board they are pretty clueless as to what they do now. Edelman is the only other guy who can play.

Either way this is good news fror our secondary, just one less quality guy to worry about.