36th Overall pick Robiskie yet to be active....

Just saw this looking at the AFC North blog on ESPN......

Mark from Cary, N.C., wants to know what’s the deal with Browns rookie receiver Brian Robiskie.

James Walker: Robiskie has been inactive so far because he hasn’t wowed the coaching staff in practice and doesn’t play on any special teams. This is one of the bigger mysteries in Cleveland, because Robiskie was considered polished and the Browns’ offense couldn’t do much worse. But for some reason Robiskie hasn't done enough to earn his way on the field.
    Who would have thunk it?

I bet his agent called up Randy Lerner and told them he refused.

Re: 36th Overall pick Robiskie yet to be active....

I don't get what Mangini's doing over there. You know, I didn't think that hire was too bad when they made it. Clearly I was way off base. This guy is loony-toons.

They just put James Davis on IR with no explanation what-so-ever. Dude was questionable on the injury report, suddenly his season is over.

I sort of feel like there will never be another free agent that willingly signs in Cleveland under that coaching staff.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

They are close to making the Raiders look somewhat competent.

Blog Entries

he's an example of how the Harbaugh hiring could've gone wrong...

Both organizations wanted "change". We brought in Harbaugh for his work ethic and change message. He was a fresh face, someone to bring new ideas to the table. He also had good relationships with a lot of great assistant coaches. He came in, didn't outright challenge players and traditions, just applied his message. He immediatley got the big players to jump onboard with his message and excised those who didn't.

Mangini came in and immediatley started inserting himself without blending with the players. His method of getting them to accept his change is strictly to put the change out there and fine/punish players who don't go with it. He doesn't seem to have done anything to entwine himself with key Brown players. Moreover, he didn't have as good relationships with assistant coaches (in my opinion).

It seems like he came in with a big head (Shocking from a Belichik pupil) and just tried to force everyone to go his way without relating. He's losing that team way too fast and this could be another 1 and done coaching stint.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The Ravens had a recruiting staff of 7- 10 people interviewing each coaching candidate and reporting back to Ozzie and Bischiotti. There was a lengthy process and there were several candidates.

Cleveland's owner went out, interviewed Pioli, and then immediately hired Eric Mangini, who in turn hired the GM, George Kokanis. That is why this team is a total failure. The owner has no management expertise and gave Mangini, an unproven head coach all of the power. I think Kokanis made a big mistake leaving such a fine organization such as the Ravens, to be a subordinate to Mangini. He should have consulted with Phil Savage before making such a life changing decision. Their management structure is backwards.

For the record, Robiskie is a player that this FO was very high on as a late second round pick in this past draft.

Blog Entries

I think you could equate Robiskie's situation with Kruger's, except there's not much ahead of him at WR. The only two WRs they have I can even name are Braylon Edwards and Josh Cribbs. But I suppose if the coaches there are idiots, they might decide he's not all that worth having active. Or he could have a personality issue that needs to be corrected. Can't see that happening him Browns.

We should also point out again...Cleveland was getting rid of a former Ozzie pupil and a former Belichik DC. They replaced them with a former Ozzie pupil and a former Belichik DC. If you wanted change, you probably should've gone outside the box on that one.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think you could equate Robiskie's situation with Kruger's, except there's not much ahead of him at WR. The only two WRs they have I can even name are Braylon Edwards and Josh Cribbs. But I suppose if the coaches there are idiots, they might decide he's not all that worth having active. Or he could have a personality issue that needs to be corrected. Can't see that happening him Browns.

We should also point out again...Cleveland was getting rid of a former Ozzie pupil and a former Belichik DC. They replaced them with a former Ozzie pupil and a former Belichik DC. If you wanted change, you probably should've gone outside the box on that one.
    Was waiting for someone to point that out.

The Browns are DEAD LAST in offense and he still can't get on the field.

Kruger is behind proven players, huge difference.

Blog Entries

And while this is going on, Kruger has been activated this week...