Thread: Heap: Sore Back

Heap: Sore Back

heap is showing up on the injury reports as limited practice due to a sore back. Normally I don't pay too much attention to the injury reports especially when they are just indicating 'limited" practice during the regular season but this back thing is what apparently rendered Heap obselete for the past 2 seasons.

It has been nice to see him back and feeling good and playing like his old self. He is a huge threat in the redzone and takes a lot of pressure off of Mason. It would be the first blow of the season if his back has flared again. Anyone know anything more on this?

Blog Entries

Re: Heap: Sore Back

I hope he is ok, but it wouldn't surprize me on some of the hits he took the past few games.

Blog Entries

Yeah there was one catch he made where Flacco hung him out to dry a bit, Heap took a fairly hefty smack in the back on that one. Not sure what game it was.

Blog Entries

Just last week 2 passes across the middle were he took hard hits, but the 1 you are talking about hurt my back.

The Stormin' Mormon will be ready on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    The Stormin' Mormon will be ready on Sunday.

And even if he's not, we have Ol' reliable L.J. Smith to depends on to fill in.:D

Surely he can muster up another catch or two before tweeking that hamstring, twisting his ankle, straining a calf, or whatever else will happen to him.

I remember the Heap ctach and hit last week and the first thing that came to my mind when it happened was it looked painful.

Hopefully it's just sore as in bruise type sore and not something more significant.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

here is Thursdays injury report. Heap was full participation. if they were even a little worried about Heaps back I think they would have held him out of practice and rested him

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
    QB Troy Smith (illness)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
    DT Justin Bannan (knee)
    LB Tavares Gooden (shoulder/head)
    LB Jarret Johnson (shoulder)
    DE Trevor Pryce (illness)

FULL PARTICIPATION
    LB Antwan Barnes (shoulder)
    TE Todd Heap (back)
    LB Ray Lewis (head)
    WR Kelley Washington (groin)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
    LB Jerod Mayo (knee)
    DT Vince Wilfork (ankle)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
    CB Darius Butler (thigh)
    T Nick Kaczur (ankle)
    WR Randy Moss (back)
    WR Matt Slater (elbow)
    CB Shawn Springs (knee)
    WR Wes Welker (knee)
    CB Jonathan Wilhite (groin)
    DT Mike Wright (shoulder)

FULL PARTICIPATION
    CB Tom Brady (right shoulder)

Blog Entries

I saw that shot over the middle and my eyes were glued to watching to see how he got up (and if he could for the first couple of seconds).

I'd be more worried if he was on report and I didn't know how it happened.
    Not saying I'm not concerned, just think I understand the why a little better.

And it shocked me that he held on, I have seen tons of players lose the ball with a hit like that.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

lol... Tom Brady's shoulder has been on the Pats injury report for how many seasons now?
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    heap is showing up on the injury reports as limited practice due to a sore back. Normally I don't pay too much attention to the injury reports especially when they are just indicating 'limited" practice during the regular season but this back thing is what apparently rendered Heap obselete for the past 2 seasons.

It has been nice to see him back and feeling good and playing like his old self. He is a huge threat in the redzone and takes a lot of pressure off of Mason. It would be the first blow of the season if his back has flared again. Anyone know anything more on this?
    Heap didn't hurt his back until last year during the playoffs. He played ALL of last season. I have faith that he will do the same this year. So far this year he has looked good. He did take a hard hit last week, so I can understand the sore back.

I am worried about LJ though. I had high hopes for him during pre-season. I'd rather have Wilcox back. I understand that he is still waiting by the phone???

BTW, I'm new to posting to the forum, so hello to all my fellow RAVENS fans. This is OUR year!!!
    Boh

11. Re: Heap: Sore Back

Teams HAVE to list any and every injury or pain to every player regardless of the seriousness of the injury...Fines will be given for any injury withheld. We see what happened to the Jets this year when the league found out about Brett Favre's injury last year..