Oh the irony - Whines Hard complaining about the referees

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur.../s_645828.html

Hines Ward feels he has become a targeted man in the NFL.

Ironically, it's not by the players he lines up against on a weekly basis. Instead, he feels the men in stripes are the ones who have it out for him.

Ward was called for two offensive pass interference calls during the Steelers' 23-20 loss to Cincinnati, the city where Ward broke linebacker Keith Rivers' jaw last year on a vicious crack-back block.

Ward feels that the penalties in Cincinnati are much more than a coincidence.

"That's where it all went down in Cincinnati (last year)," Ward said. "I'm pretty sure they got a high alert, and (were told to) be conscious of Hines."

"We've been running the play for two years now. Nobody's ever called me blocking on that play," Ward said. "I think the guy was just looking for me to do something. It seems like they're watching every little thing that I do."
    You mean they are actually starting to call penalties on you after 10 years?? WOW!! I know it is something new but try not to get all upset and start crying about it. Just think of all the penalties that have not been called on you and your team over the years, and just STFU.

Re: Oh the irony - Whines Hard complaining about the referees

Oh my: These Yinzers are so dellusional...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...t=39553&page=2

go get 'em boys (and girls)
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Maybe if he didn't break other guys' jaws they might not be looking at him so much...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Oh my: These Yinzers are so dellusional...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...t=39553&page=2

go get 'em boys (and girls)
    LOL!!

I know I did not just read this.....these people are truly delusional.

Doubtful, considering that we've been getting screwed by the zebras on a regular basis since Cowher stuffed a photograph in one of their pockets. That's not an excuse, though - we just have to play through it like we always have, and pretty much everyone else has to (outside of Massachusetts, anyway). NFL officiating sucks, it's always sucked, and will more than likely continue to do so.
    What????

Are you kidding me??

Only yinz could possibly utter those ridiculous words.

They showed a replay of the first PI on Ward and all he did was go downfield and block the guy defending the receiver who caught the ball. He has no grounds for that one.

The second one was a bit more iffy and could have gone either way.

Hines is used to crying like a little bitch. Nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    LOL!!

I know I did not just read this.....these people are truly delusional.

What????

Are you kidding me??

Only yinz could possibly utter those ridiculous words.
    I don't know if you all saw the top ten controversial calls in NFL history on NFL network, but the entire 2006 Superbowl where the Steelers played the Seahawks was like #8 on the list...

Let me get this straight. Are we talking the team that Santonio Holmes plays for -- that receiver who was stopped short of the goaline in Baltimore but TV replays revealed that maybe, sort of, perhaps some part of his body could have been in the vincinity of the goalline to beat the Ravens? Fans of this team now believe the refs are out to get them? Fans of the same team that "beat" the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL think the refs are not giving them breaks? Fans of the team whose other receiver has been headhunting for ten years are upset that he's finally getting noticed for what he does thirty yards from the action? That's the team we're talking about? Hmm. I am sorry to hear they are feeling picked on.

Blog Entries

Let him whine.
    Lots of people who dish it out can't take it.

Don't we have a Ward rule now covering things like the hits on Ed Reed and Bart Scott? And Keith Rivers (that the NFL has gone after ALL the Youtube videos of as "infringement") It was spilling over to the team, evidenced by Sweed's hit on Corey Ivy along with Clark's hit on McGahee.

There are people who push the envelope, push the limits, and it looks like the NFL has finally roused itself knowing that another Darryl Stingley is not far away if they don't. Sure he should be watched, he is one of the biggest users of dirty stuff going. He should be closely watched, sad that it took so long to do it.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    I don't know if you all saw the top ten controversial calls in NFL history on NFL network, but the entire 2006 Superbowl where the Steelers played the Seahawks was like #8 on the list...
    Dude like half that segment was Steeler plays, they atleast had 4-5 on there that I just remember off the top.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Dude like half that segment was Steeler plays, they atleast had 4-5 on there that I just remember off the top.
    No big shock to me. A while back I was watching a Ravens V steelers game - he was a Saints guy and never really saw much AFC games.

So about the 3rd quarter he even started to question some of the crap calls. I looked at him and laughed and said "See - you thought I was full of s#it when I brought this up. Now you know!"
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!