Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun story on AD

Sun story on AD

Not sure if anyone caught this Sun story about ex-Raven Adalius Thomas.

I was just reading it, and Suggs was talking about how he is still friends with AD, and how he was somewhat of a mentor, etc. etc. JJ had some good things to say about him as well. AD goes on to not even make a comment when asked by reporters during a conference call what his favorite moment as a Raven, saying "That memory is distant...that was over three years ago. So you kind of just let it go and move on."

Wow, pretty shitty if you ask me. I don't get the attitude personally, we gave him a chance, and our talent on defense really made him shine. He gets drafted by the Bengals and he's selling insurance right now. Not saying he isn't talented but a lot of talented guys ended up on the wrong team and their careers were short lived.

Personally, I don't think he's lived up to the contract he got from them either. His first season with them he had a good, not great, season. I watched a lot of football that year and outside of the very first game and the very last game (Super Bowl) I don't think he had a huge impact. Last year he missed half the season injured. He's been off to a good start this year, but nothing game changing.
    Last edited by RavensDomination; 10-01-2009 at 05:12 AM.

Re: Sun story on AD

Yet another LB who found out he wasnt that great once he left Ray Lewis' side.

He has been an a-hole since he left. I met him at a charity event his last year here, and he was an a-hole that night. Most of the team was there, and everyone else at worst faked it like they were enjoying themselves. I chalked it up to him having a bad night. But he has come across that way since we let him go take that huge pay raise, including bad mouthing Ray prior to the 07 game. So maybe the guy is just an a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    He has been an a-hole since he left. I met him at a charity event his last year here, and he was an a-hole that night. Most of the team was there, and everyone else at worst faked it like they were enjoying themselves. I chalked it up to him having a bad night. But he has come across that way since we let him go take that huge pay raise, including bad mouthing Ray prior to the 07 game. So maybe the guy is just an a-hole.
    He would be nowhere without the Ravens. Just like many before him...they all criticize on their way out the door.

Hope he pulls a hammy on Sun!!!:ww:

UW

I once met him when my high school took a trip to the stadium to help test the registers and stuff like that. He seemed like a asshole then as well...

He just thought he was better than he was. NE overpaid him. There was so much hype about him during his free agency, then after his first year with NE, not even a whisper.

Like Houston said another in a long line... next man up Bart Scott.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Yeah, F AD.

That's a lousy thing to not even comment. He has been ok since becoming a Patriot. That's it. Nothing game changing and certainly not living up to the hype of that contract. He'll get a healthy dose of Flacco, Willis and Rice on Sunday and we'll see how good he is.

Blog Entries

I know I'm new here, but there seems to be a trend of initializing all the individuals being written of. Not only the current players, but every player that has ever been associated with the organization, and every colts player, and that Terps tight end from the late fifties, good old "RQ." Sometimes it is very difficult to have any idea who is being referenced.

9. Re: Sun story on AD

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    I know I'm new here, but there seems to be a trend of initializing all the individuals being written of. Not only the current players, but every player that has ever been associated with the organization, and every colts player, and that Terps tight end from the late fifties, good old "RQ." Sometimes it is very difficult to have any idea who is being referenced.
    in this case, i think it's because most are scared to attempt the spelling of his first name.

No doubt he was the key cog in our 2006 defense, which IMO was as good as the 2000 defense, in a different way.

He was the catalyst that allowed Rex Ryan's scheme to really work to its full potential. After he left, it was still a great defense, but more limited in the "organized chaos" stuff and caused Rex to try other things (like dropping Ngata back) that didn't come close to causing the confusion that AD single handedly could cause. If there was ever a player who was downright perfect for a system, it was AD for Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Were you referring VD, the Terp tight end now playing in San Francisco?

Thomas was being talked about as if he was a perennial Pro Bowler the year before he left the Ravens. He was always being talked about by Peter King on MMQB. Thomas in the NWE scheme is not a good fit. They play a gap control 3-4 where they don't really get after the QB as much as the Ravens or Steelers 3-4. He is still a decent player but his impact is nowhere near his contract.

I will say that replacing Thomas with Jarret Johnson has made hindered the Ravens ability to get after the QB.

He was and still is a very good player. I never met him but he seems like a decent hard working average kind of guy. I think he was offended the Ravens did not pay him before he got to free agency and then did not attempt to keep him when he did.

In my opinion the D has not been the same without him. JJ is a very soild player but he has a different skill set. AD played a very valuable role for the Ravens every year he was here and was very active in charity work.

He is now on the other side so F him this week, but I still respect the guy and root for him to play well, just not too well.

:T2: