Blog Entries

Players (L. McClain, T. Gooden, etc.)

This is going to both sides of the ball but first I would like to point out Leron McClain's ability out of the back field on the Offensive threats.

Now that Heap has returned to form and we put L. McClain back at FB oppossing defenses have to worry about covering every option. L. McClain has been treffic out of the FB position, anything 3 or 4th and short is automatic. and to be able to dump the ball off to a FB that can move the way he can in the open field and just lower his shoulder and drive LB's 2-3 yards to pick up the first is another nightmare for D coordinators to worry about. L. McClain although not the HB threat (well not starting) he was last year has made a significant impact and continues to provide big plays for the offense. I like what Cam has done with the HB and FB check downs, not many teams have a FB that they can check the ball down to and still manage to break tackles, juke and get the ball up field.

T.Gooden:
    Showed improvement against the Browns, making tackles in open space against RB's (Scott usta wiff on)and running to the ball, he still has improvements to make but has shown progression and should continue to get better.

D. Edwards:
    According to stats doen't seem like he did a whole lot, but his guy was disrupting plays and making the O'line work, he had a couple of good tackles and cut off some sure dump off passes but jumping in the throwing lane.

D.Landry:
    For all you Leonard lovers, (which I did like Leonard, but not over Landry) Landry seems to be playing really well, he added another pick, but also played great in run support I seen 26 in the backfield several times and he doesn't miss his tackles like Jimmy.

Foxworth:
    I think Fox redeemed himself, he had a INT and should have had 2, with a couple of deflections and practically shut down a 6'3 WR B. Edwards which is no easy task.

And what can i say Kelley Washington doing the damn thing.

and I will end buy saying the O'line
    Do I need to say names, all of them are playing dominant, most remarkable Chester and Oher comes in as a rookie and Chester as a project. WOW!
    Still have a lot to prove against better pass rushing teams but so far so good and give it up to Mr. Birk for bringing these guys in to form.
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 09-28-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Re: Players (L. McClain, T. Gooden, etc.)

You know his name is Landry, not Laundry, right?

Blog Entries

Are you seriously on here doing spell checks. If you know what player i'm talking about, just reply or add to the thread don't do spell checks. people don't take to kind to blog surfers that make spelling or grammer corrections. Just FYI.
    There you go I changed it just for you

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Are you seriously on here doing spell checks. If you know what player i'm talking about, just reply or add to the thread don't do spell checks. people don't take to kind to blog surfers that make spelling or grammer corrections. Just FYI.
    There you go I changed it just for you
    You realize it's "grammar" and not "grammer", right???

Oh right, 'shouldn't do that.

But i agree with your analysis, Landry has been solid all year, as far as i've seen. Though i've heard a few complaints here and there. I'm still slightly skeptical of Foxworth though. I think he's solid, but not quite worth the money we paid, at least not yet. He's gonna have to prove himself against more physical receivers, IMHO. And Washington is turning out to be a key offseason acquisition thus far.

I like McClain at the traditional FB posistion. I've always felt that having an player back there who can do all the things someone like McClain can gives you options.

With a gifted FB, an offense can just do a whole lot of different things. Are they going to pound it up the middle, swing pass to the flat, screen, use him as an extra blocker? I hate to use a video game as an example but since I don't coach it's the only football I control. My fullbacks on Madden are always decently fast, alright at run-blocking and wind up with 30+ catches a year. Reason being, you get them out in the flat with a linebacker and make that one guy miss, a safety coming from at least 15 yards away is the only chance to stop a huge gain. I'll take McClain head up with any safety in the league one-on-one in the open field.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I think its about time our O-Line got some love around the league, I think our's is as good as anybody's, we have 6 starters. I think what Mcclain is doing is big, He could easily be pouting after the year he had last year but he's not and cam is doing a good job of keeping him involved. Even tho he wont have the numbers he had last year i think he'll still be in the Pro Bowl. Gooden seems to be settling in, he's a even surer tackler then i thought he'd be and he'll only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I think its about time our O-Line got some love around the league, I think our's is as good as anybody's, we have 6 starters. I think what Mcclain is doing is big, He could easily be pouting after the year he had last year but he's not and cam is doing a good job of keeping him involved.
    +1 on that. the O-Line is imho the biggest improvement on this team. too bad there just aren't enough carries for the three backs, all of them good enough to be +1s. hopefully the wins will continue and everyone will be happy.
    some baseball player once said about being on the bench, 'I don't mind sitting if we're winning, but if we're losing I want to contribute.'
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

I didn't really want to see McClain moved back to blocking FB, seemed like a waste, but now thinking that it may prolong his career.
    Lot more plays where he gets one hit and has initiated it, as opposed to multiple players initiating hits on him.
    And he is a huge threat/worry for the D, more than Neal ever was. We seem to have lost his individual production numbers, but Cam has a tremendous O-weapon he can pick his spots to unleash.
    I'm really liking it.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Good post Noticed Edwards play, very active and good at chasing down backs from accross the feild and never gives up on a play.

Also, I wonder if they are save FB McClain for later in the season? They have been using him as a reciever a lot more like an Hback mostly. I bet his workload increases as the season wears on and he is big a fresh down the stretch.

I love the screens plays for him, u get that big body in the open field with a head of steam and he's impossible to take down with one or sometimes even 2 guys.

Blog Entries

That was my point about McClain. I think he stays happy because he is still contributing big time out of the back field. He gets 3-4 catches a game and usually 4-5 carries on key plays. I know i would stay happy if i was making big plays to keep the O on the field.