Dwan Edwards - defensive equivalent to Chris Chester?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but he's been playing a lot lately and doing fairly well. I notice him in on a lot of plays and he gets a decent amount of pressure on the QB.

Seems like Pryce is getting up there and maybe finished. He certainly isn't the Pryce of 2007. Edwards stepping up could be a big plus for this defense.

Re: Dwan Edwards - defensive equivalent to Chris Chester?

I also notice a really nice play he had where he sniffed out a screen. The O lineman let him by and he immediately stopped rushing and went to stand in front of Harrison. Anderson ended up throwing it away.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Very good analogy; but not quite to the level of Chris Chester. Chester has really done a great job filling in for Yanda!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Very good analogy; but not quite to the level of Chris Chester. Chester has really done a great job filling in for Yanda!
    I agree. It is important to keep in mind though that Edwards missed a year so his progress is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but he's been playing a lot lately and doing fairly well. I notice him in on a lot of plays and he gets a decent amount of pressure on the QB.

Seems like Pryce is getting up there and maybe finished. He certainly isn't the Pryce of 2007. Edwards stepping up could be a big plus for this defense.
    In 2007 Edwards played instead of Pryce most of that season, and as I remember he did a good job late that season.

And Edwards is not Pryce of 2006.

I have noticed Dwan all over the field, never stops pursuing, but he isnt Pryce, Pryce has been playing well too. Trevor has been constantly in the backfeild generating pressure, but doesn't have a lot of sacks, but lots of hurries.

Blog Entries

He did look good. I seen him in on a lot of plays, if not tackling, disrupting the play.

I was going to post this same topic about Edwards.

He has developed into a valuable part of our defensive line rotation.

Chester is a good comparison.

Blog Entries

Nice analogy.

One more level that I haven't seen mentioned is that both were second round draft picks that took a little while to come into their own.

I think part of our hesitation to fully embrace them as Ravens comes from being a little gun-shy about 2nd rounders (Cody, Patrick Johnson).
    Now we have Ray Rice, Chester showing good value, Dwan drawing good attention (and we wait on Kruger hoping the new trend continues).
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I always got the impression that Rex Ryan never liked Edwards. I can't remember if there was an interview or something, but it seemed like he never mentioned him at all when he was d-line coach and definitely not as d. coordinator. Always struck me as odd.

He has been very active, really what we've needed, if Mattison is not gonna be aggressive then we need guys to be relentless getting to the QB