Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Orlando Brown????

The Fanatic brought this up yesterday and didn't get much response, but I think it deserves some attention. ..We need backup help at the right tackle and right gaurd position and Orlando Brown may still be a viable body to play that gaurd position. He knows our offensive system. .I know that he's not a starter at either position, but he can surely replace that side if someone gets hurt..:grbac: .I think he would do very well at the right gaurd spot in place of Keydrick Vincent.. Just throwing it out there for all to ponder. What do you all think??

Re: Orlando Brown????

Ozzie did tell Zeus to stay in shape. :grbac:
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Seems like our only option at this point.All the other tackles have been scooped up by coaches that they are familiar with and that Spencer Folau guy is the only other one that I know of.From reading the scouting report it seems like Zeus and Folau are two completely different types of tackles,with Zeus being the classic power road grader and Folau being a bit more finess.

Post Re: Orlando Brown????

You know it's pretty bad when people start calling for Orlando Brown. :bag:

I really don't think Orlando Brown would even be a competent backup really. His knees are pretty much shot, especially the one that he was having problems with the past two years.

I think we are going to have to deal with what we have. It's doesn't look like anyone has been released that I know of that could come in and provide decent depth.

If we are talking past Raven OTs I would give a look to Ethan Brooks before Orlando Brown.

Remember, last year before Orlando went down for the year, he was splitting time with Pashos. He can't play a full game anymore with his knee's in the shape they are.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6
    If we are talking past Raven OTs I would give a look to Ethan Brooks before Orlando Brown.

Remember, last year before Orlando went down for the year, he was splitting time with Pashos. He can't play a full game anymore with his knee's in the shape they are.
    I can't believe I am even typing this, but I would have to agree that between the two Ethan Brooks would probably be a better option. :grbac:

Zeus is done. His playing days are over. I doubt that his legs would hold up through practice, let alone a game or two.
    Oderint dum metuant

Ethan "turnstyle" Brooks?!!?? What a sad state of affairs at the RT position.Can he even play RT,I thought he was a LT.

The same could be said for Orlando Brown, who is just as bad. Not saying either would be an ideal solution but if we were forced to pick one, at least Ethan Brooks can (I assume) go a full game, Brown hasn't played a full game in well over a year.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Orlando? I would be inclined toward Nyet, Nein, Non, Naeve, uh uh, and probably not.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    Ethan "turnstyle" Brooks?!!?? What a sad state of affairs at the RT position.Can he even play RT,I thought he was a LT.

Compared to that dude we put on the practice squad (what the hell is his name, (Krak-I-like), Brooks looks like a pro-bowler.

He's a bit younger then Zeus, and probably healthier as mentioned earlier, so he probably would be a better fit right now.

Bottom line here is that we basically have no depth at that position, and somebody needs to be brought in for insurance as well as maybe even give Pachos a little pushing.

If they don't, Mulitano is the only other guy I think we have with any experience at all over there.
    Moving him if needed would cause too much disruption to the line all at once.
    Plus, he couldn't play the position when he attempted it a couple years ago.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Orlando Brown is DONE.

Period.

There are undrafted FA's out there that are better than him.

PP