Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 313233

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel#52 View Post
    Can't hate him at all.
    Merriman I respect and am kinda a fan of since his Terps days. Alot more classly than that ass clown of a QB.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Lost all respect for him when he had that needle in his ass. Been average at best since he's been clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    You will be disgusted by the pass defense.
    Yeah, they were not that good tonight. HOWEVER, I also noticed that River's only real success in the air was deep. The Raven's didn't give up a ton of short to medium pass yards. But I agree Randy Moss might be a big problem for Foxworth/Washington. But the Patriots offensive line is not that solid this year. And so we might have enough pass rush to keep that in line. We'll see.

Ok, so here are my thoughts after watching through the game.

1) Kudos to Frank Walker tonight. We've all given him a LOT of shit this pre-season. But when Washington went down SD specifically picked on him with that throw to Naane, and Walker never gave up on it. He definately helped save the game tonight. So for this week, I tip my hat to him.

2) Despite what I said above, I am REALLY worried about our pass defense. 436 yards given up this week? 436 PASS YARDS??? Are you kidding me??? Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates had good days. Sproles did too, but that's not deep pass. Sproles is Sproles. All we could have hoped to do is contain his rushing, which we did.

3) Speaking of which, why are teams still trying to run on us?

4) Flacco was once again solid tonight. 65% passing, 2TD's, 1INT. Look, I knew he wasn't putting a triple up against the Chargers like he did KC. But I'll take 190 yards. He was mobile, and the offensive line did another solid job of protecting him.

5) I'm still going to remain worried about our receiving core and you guys are just going to have to stay mad at me. 1 catch (and 1 drop) for Todd Heap. 1 catch for all-pro Mark Clayton. 3 catches for 31 yards for Derrick Mason. 0 catches for Demetrius Williams, who I can't even remember if he was in the game anywhere.

Let me put it this way. All three of our running backs registered more catches than our number 2 receiver. And once again Ray Rice led the team in catches and had more yards than our number 2 receiver. I'm sorry, this is still a concern for me.

That said, big tip of the cap to Kelley Washington. It's been a pretty nice surprise for our team. That touchdown where Flacco fake-draw-fake-to-clayton and Washington was wide open was great. And when needed, Washington got the yards to move the chains.

6) Our running game. DAYIM!!!!!! Willis came up big today. And I don't how Ray Rice only had 36 yards because it seemed like he had more. Can we get this kid a touchdown please?? Serious, can we just gift him one? Because he's earned it. And so much for McClain being the feature fullback this year. They still like to give him the ball.

7) Can we leave Hauschka alone for at least this week now? :)

8) Ray Lewis. 10 tackles, 2 assists, 1 forced fumble, and helped force the interception in the second half. Nothing more needs to be said.

Oh I forgot

9) Fuck you Dan Fauts

10) Fuck you bad officiating. There were some horrible calls tonight, and bad spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Yes I'm worried about that too.
    SD is a much better all around team we playede on the west coast...

We should shred the Pats defense.... They are incredibly weak right up the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    That said, big tip of the cap to Kelley Washington. It's been a pretty nice surprise for our team. That touchdown where Flacco fake-draw-fake-to-clayton and Washington was wide open was great. And when needed, Washington got the yards to move the chains.

I forgot to give my props to K Wash, so I'll just piggyback on yours.