Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cool Trip tread III (the last)

Irish pointed out about the start time, gives us more time in the morning. G and I may sort out the Celery and his Purple combats on the Friday before we go to WNST. I'll link up with Toe with what works best.

Flags, I have a Md. :uk:'Calvert' that I may take down to the Terps game. However, we are in Redskins country and it may be better to keep a low profile. (That's why Towson may have been a better option before we knew Irish was coming as well).

I am taking the :uk:Calvert to the Ravens Tailgate as well as beer and :celery Celery.
    The Celery may be more for show this time as there will not be 500 Browns fans for us to throw them at.

Re: Trip tread III (the last)

My purple what now? ;)

Can't believe its only a week away.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    My purple what now? ;)

Can't believe its only a week away.
    Purple Comabat trousers Donald !!!!!!

You have to get some!!!

Right, so someone paint a picture for me!

How many are going to the Terps game? I was going to order my tickets online for collection on game day!

Who will i be tailgating with on the Sunday? Anyone suggest a place to get beers to bring to the lot? I'm going to get an irish flag and was thinking of putting IrishRaven on it--thoughts?

I think the roll call for the Terps game is Me, Dave, Toe, You and Yours. I think the plan was for us to buy the tickets together ahead of the game - though I could be mistaken. Flag wise I'm planning on taking a few over, plus a couple of Scottish scarfs to give away to anybody who wants them. And I think, again don't quote me on it, that we are meeting up on the Sunday morning and tailgating together. Beer+Food+Football+Good Company+Celery - Is there a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven View Post
    Right, so someone paint a picture for me!

How many are going to the Terps game? I was going to order my tickets online for collection on game day!

Who will i be tailgating with on the Sunday? Anyone suggest a place to get beers to bring to the lot? I'm going to get an irish flag and was thinking of putting IrishRaven on it--thoughts?
    I was intending to ring you over the weekend to go through these details. Toe is offering the to get the tickets, and is waiting for me to confirm the numbers going (Toe / Niall / squeeze / Gordon & the good looking one = 5).

As I said above, we are in Redskin Country so we need sound advice on the flags thing. Certainly bring your Irish flag to 'our house' on Sunday.

:celery

Just a re-cap from my perspective, as Dave said when I spoke with him the other day that I'd 'gone quiet' (you all seemed to be organising yourselves perfectly well without me!):

Dave and Gordon - I'll be comandeering the car for the week (wife's away in Vegas 'til Friday) so can pick you up from BWI on Thursday evening. We'll probably go out for a few beers when we get back to the neighbourhood.

Friday Dave and Gordon will be doing Baltimore touristy stuff. We've got family visiting around this time but I may be available either Fri or Sat night. Either way, maybe Greg, T, Kevin or whoever would want to meet up with you?

I have your tickets in hand - picked them up from HoustonRaven last week. He also bought me a Guinness so gets a from me.

We'll be driving to tailgate on Sunday morning and will aim to arrive around 8-8.30am. After game we'll play it by ear but can either drive back and hang out in Fell's Point to watch the late games or we can walk to Federal Hill then get taxi back later.

Looking forward to seeing you next week! :celery: :uk:

Hey guys,

didn't buy my ticets yet so i'll see you at Byrd Stadium (i'll be making my way there from Union Station in DC)

Going to pick up my flag tomorrow :ire:

On Sunday, i want to get there as early as possible - think there is a train leaving DC at 6:30am so will have checked my stuff into the hotel etc in plenty of time!

I just hope i don't get lost looking for you guys, if there was a good place to meet at M&T or close by that would be great - remember, I'll be walking from the inner harbour towards the stadium!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Irish, will you have a cell phone with you? If so a number of us can give you our numbers to help guide you in. Sometimes it can get a bit loud and I can miss a call, so having multiple numbers would be best.

Do you know where the train drops you off? I am guessing you will arrive in Baltimore around 7:30. I can plan on picking you up if you are any distance from the tailgate. If you are coming by way of Marc train I think that puts you a 5-10 minute walk from the tailgate, with you starting out next to Oriole Park Warehouse on the east side, which is the side of M&T we are on, south of there and a bit more east.

If you post your train plans as for drop off point and time we can direct you to the tailgate or arrange a pick up if any kind of distance away. I would gladly pick you up as it would motivate me to arrive earlier than my usual 9:30 to 9:45.

I Greg, I will have my mobile with me. Dave took everyone's numbers and emailed them around I believe.

I am taking the Marc from Union Station to Bmore but I will be getting a taxi to the Mariott by the Waterfront @ Inner Harbour.

Once everything goes according to plan I hope to have left the hotel and be en route to the stadium by 9am! - this is the plan, of course, trains get delayed, hotels have a few people checking in etc - I appreciate everyone's help and I can wait for the best day of the year!!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The Marriott Waterfront is over by Fells Point. That is a bit of a walk. If you want a ride let me know. We can pick you up at 8:45 or 9:00. You are also very close to Ben.

I would offer to pick Irish up, Greg, but we've got a full car with the Englishman and Scotsman in the back!