Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Darren Sproles deserves his own thread

The man is flat out dangerous with the ball in his hands.

He scares me.

He is lightning fast and he could easily take one to the house on special teams if we get caught slipping.

He kind of reminds me a of a smaller Chris Johnson who can return kicks...one of those little fast bastards that you have trouble finding and tackling out there when people are flying around.

I could see them dumping one of too him in the flat if he gets matched up on a LB and then him busting one for a big gain. Safeties better tackle that little gnat or he will be in the end zone quick.

Re: Darren Sproles deserves his own thread

The Raiders have been more than containing him and LT by just blowing up the O line.

Who ever is playing him on the scout team is not the same though. He is like Steve Smith or someone.

I like having running backs running back the kick offs and punts. 3rd down guys like him and Washington for the Jets are tough to track and tackle in a crowd.

:T2:

Best cure for a guy like Tiny Darren is Haloti, Kelly, and Ray all coming down on him at the same time.

We should draft our own better version of sproles next year. In fact I will be the official Noel Devine pimp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDn_IIwUUhI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9MuxAszEM

He just is so quick and makes people miss. One that last return there were like 3 guys right around him and made quick move and juked all of them.

NM

Blog Entries

Why didn't we keep Jayson foster as our Darren Sproles?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Why didn't we keep Jayson foster as our Darren Sproles?
    The same reason we did not keep Yamon Figurs. He is not any where close to as good of a player as Sproles is. he is fast, strong, tough, has good vision, hands and football skills. He is really small though. You would think the Raiders of all teams would have put a man on him. I think a CB or SF should be able to cover him, but dropping your LBs into a zone in front of him is slittling your own wrists.

:T2:

Looks like it will be Sproles and Michael Bennett getting the carries next week, LT has a high ankle sprain.

I would rather see LT in there at this point of his career.

Ray Rice is our Sproles! And actually, I wouldn't mind seeing him return Punts! They could put Willis in for the first few plays to let Ray catch his breath and then put Ray back in the Offense!

I hope T Gooden is healthy going in, as I would have him mirror Sproles all over the field to try to keep him in check!

He really does scare me on the Special Teams!

Unless he returns like 2 kicks for TDs, I think we will be fine. Our O-Line & D-Line just looks far superior to theirs! Merriman appears to be a shell of himself.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

180 return yards.
    23 rushing yards
    43 receiving yards

246 Total.

He needs to be accounted for at all times.

12. Re: Darren Sproles deserves his own thread

i said this in another thread, but i think it warrants repeating. sproles is exactly the kind of RB we have struggled with in recent games. the quick, smaller guys seems to have some success against our bigger gap cloggers. i hope it is not the case, but sproles will be the reason if we lose that game.