Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 232425

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Chiefs - Season opener!

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    As always Sting I hope your wrong. Joe is still a young QB and wil make mistakes and have bad games here and there but right now he looks to be in pro bowl form. IMO he will have another impressive game against a better D next.
    Well, let me qualify this too. As I said earlier I'm not so much concerned about Joe mechanically and such. We are not slinging the ball around against those teams. And its not all on Joe. We aren't the New Orleans Saints and we don't have Marquis Colston to throw to. There is no good reason to throw the ball 43 times with this offense. When you do that, he is going to make more bad throws than you want.

The Chiefs defense sucked. They couldn't blitz for anything. Our OL looked like their OL from 8 years ago.

And yet somehow they hung around until their last drive when it should never have been that close.

I think Dade we can agree the Ravens cannot go into next week with this same gameplan and succeed.

And I'll take the win. We are 1-0, and the Bengals and Browns lost!

Yeah 43 passes is unacceptable. The running game got off to a slow start but really gash them later on. Cam got carried away with the pass, that will hurt against better Ds. Still Flacco looked damn good slinging it around.

Running the ball is key to beating better defenses, cant get away from it.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

And I'll take the win. We are 1-0, and the Bengals and Browns lost!

Speaking of Cincy, do you see how that game ended. Crazy.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Well, this game was certainly more of a nailbiter than I was expecting, but at least we pulled it out. I had no problem with opening up the passing game, espcially since Flacco looked so sharp at the beginning of the game. The whole offense seem to lose their rhythm for a while, but they came through in the fourth quarter when they needed to.

This game should not have been close, but when you get a punt blocked in your end zone, get an INT run back to your five yard line, and give up a 50 yard pass play, that can happen.

The big plays aside, the only thing that worried me were our special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Yeah 43 passes is unacceptable. The running game got off to a slow start but really gash them later on. Cam got carried away with the pass, that will hurt against better Ds. Still Flacco looked damn good slinging it around.

Running the ball is key to beating better defenses, cant get away from it.
    Well, but there were points in the game where he wasn't, and that was why you saw the run attack come back so strong. There were a couple other dropped picks on KC's side, and at one point he didn't look comfortable. And that was about the time KC went up 17-14 and we are going "what the hell is going on?". I'm glad he got his feet back under him though. He bounced back great!

Maybe its just us sitting up above the field and not seeing the TV angles, I don't know.
    It would help if Demetrius got involved in the offense too.