Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314
    Blog Entries

Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

Sorry, just finished watching the game, it's past midnight and I'm not that coherent. I should really read my posts before pressing submit.

I really don't understand why the Steelers have set about locking up, what looks to be, a mediocre O-line (perhaps being a big charitable). They weren't dealing with blitzes well, and they had no push in the run game. For all Super Ben's mobility he's still going to get creamed on a weekly basis, and without a run game he'll faulter at some point. Granted that Titans D-line is good, but still... what the crap was that?

It also seemed to me that a good O-line was occupying that Steelers defensive front rather well. Like I said, Mawae was getting across Hampton's face, the guards seemed to get some push, there were some rushing lanes for the Titans and I hope that bodes well for us.

The first quarter - I'm calling the the Steelers' "Lolcat" offense - was hilarious. The play where Mendenhall ran into Ben cracked me up. The Left guard was right and trapped someone, Mendy took off on a straight line like he was anticipating Ben would peel off to the left on the handoff, he'd get the ball behind the centre and cut up through the hole the Right Guard vacated (I think he was going second level). That was probably the second most amusing thing in the game (the first obviously being Ward's fumble).

I don't see why the Steelers don't just run no huddle all the time, from my recollection it seemed to be the only time they were that effective.

Blog Entries

Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

Also loved how Hamburglar tried to blame Holmes for one of his interceptions, which was just a plain badly thrown ball.