Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New HD Screens coming in 2010

This info was burried in an article from today's Sun.

But the team's primary focus is to continue to grow its local fan base. The team plans to install high-definition screens inside the stadium for the 2010 season, which should cost between $8 million and $9 million, but Cass feels it's a necessary expense.
    :ww:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,5644520.story

Re: New HD Screens coming in 2010

Good move. They make a hell of a difference.

Great move!!

It is good to see that Steve B. is trying to stay on the cutting edge.

I suppose the screen will be the same size? The current screens are pretty big, but I do not think there is any real estate around them to increase the size much.

But great news. ! :happyanim

[Homer Simpson] HD...better than your own eyes! [/Homer Simpson]

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Maybe they are all going in the Club Level.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

They make such a difference.

I wish Minute Maid would get them. I've become fond of the Astros as of late and have been to a many games this season.l

So THAT'S where this year's season ticket price increase went--to buy HD TV's for everyone. I thought we went to the game so as NOT to watch on TV. I would rather have kept the $200 cost my 2 tickets increased. Thanks a lot Steve. Fans get screwed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravcolt View Post
    So THAT'S where this year's season ticket price increase went--to buy HD TV's for everyone. I thought we went to the game so as NOT to watch on TV. I would rather have kept the $200 cost my 2 tickets increased. Thanks a lot Steve. Fans get screwed again.
    Then sell your seats to someone else.

Do you also go to restaurants over and over you're not happy with? Or go back to a clothing store time and time again that sells you crap?

Seriously I would rather have a cup holder that actually works than HD screens. One of the advantages to having low row, upper deck seats is that you can actually see the game and don't need the screens.

Please give me a cup holder that doesn't lean 45 degrees toward me and actually holds a beer tightly and not so loosely so that whenever some idiot has to walk in front of me, they don't knock my beer out of the holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Seriously I would rather have a cup holder that actually works than HD screens. One of the advantages to having low row, upper deck seats is that you can actually see the game and don't need the screens.

Please give me a cup holder that doesn't lean 45 degrees toward me and actually holds a beer tightly and not so loosely so that whenever some idiot has to walk in front of me, they don't knock my beer out of the holder.
    Thought I was the only one.

In regards to the HD screens, are they referring to the monitors inside the concourse area or the 2 large screens at each endzone. 9 million for two of them is very cheap. Think they might be referring to the ones inside.

Thumbs up Re: New HD Screens coming in 2010

Having seen the big HD screens at other stadiums, and I'm not even close to an electronics junkie: the difference will be easily noticeable. I am very happy to see this improvement but -- surprise!!! -- I would have rather seen the $$$ spent on escalators.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

They mean one at each end zone variety, not within the inside concourse.

And I do agree about the cup holder thing, although I stopped buying beer in the stadium two seasons ago.

I throw a flask of Makers Mark in my sock, dump it into a diet coke and Im good for the whole game.