Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT-Jermaine Gresham out for the year

If you are not familiar with him he is a monster TE from Oklahoma(6'6 260) who most analysts said would be the best TE prospect to come out in a decade. If he would have declared early this year he would have been a top 10 pick and obviously drafted ahead of Pettigrew.

They scoped his knee and apparently found enough damage to keep him out for the entire season....I bet he is just devastated.

He is unstoppable in the redzone (26 TD's the last 2 years) and it will be very interesting to see what happens to his stock now with this injury. He is a a game changer at TE and I pray he drops so we can have a shot at him.
    Last edited by 52decleetzu; 09-08-2009 at 09:43 PM.

2. Re: OT-Jermaine Gresham out for the year

oh wow, this could definitely slide him down to where we should be picking next year. that would be incredible, unless one of the stud WR's happens to be around still.

Re: OT-Jermaine Gresham out for the year

Im going to the Red River shootout this year.

I had tickets last year but circumstances prevented me from going.

That game just took another hit.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    oh wow, this could definitely slide him down to where we should be picking next year. that would be incredible, unless one of the stud WR's happens to be around still.
    Yeah I am thinking even if he proves he is healthy and works out and everything the teams still wont have any 2009 tape on him. That could be the break we need to have him fall down to the lower part of round one.

He is an absolute freak in every sense of the word.

And one correction he had 14 TD's last year and not 12 like I thought...he was 7 away from an NCAA record for TE's and if healthy he would have destroyed that record.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...090809aal.html

Gresham Out for Year

Sooner tight end has season-ending surgery

Sept. 8, 2009

NORMAN, Okla. - Oklahoma tight end Jermaine Gresham, a preseason All-American, will miss the 2009 season after undergoing knee surgery, Tuesday. The senior led OU in touchdown receptions last season with 14.

"We feel badly for Jermaine," said OU Head Coach Bob Stoops. "He worked very hard and very selflessly to get himself ready for the season. We share in the disappointment he is experiencing now and will do everything we can to help him in his rehab efforts.

"The good news is that he is expected to heal fully. Many athletes have had this procedure and bounced back at 100 percent. We expect that to be the case for Jermaine."

Gresham missed the season opener against BYU, then underwent additional evaluation before athroscopic surgery on Tuesday.

Gresham, from Ardmore, Okla., entered the 2009 campaign with 26 career touchdowns, just seven shy of the NCAA record for tight ends.

This is devastating for Oklahoma especially after that loss last week and Bradford's injury as the cherry on top.

When it rains it pours.

Wow.

Yeah, Gresham would have been a top 15 pick this year.

Looks like Bradford and Gresham should have come out last year.

6. Re: OT-Jermaine Gresham out for the year

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Yeah I am thinking even if he proves he is healthy and works out and everything the teams still wont have any 2009 tape on him. That could be the break we need to have him fall down to the lower part of round one.

He is an absolute freak in every sense of the word.

And one correction he had 14 TD's last year and not 12 like I thought...he was 7 away from an NCAA record for TE's and if healthy he would have destroyed that record.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...090809aal.html

This is devastating for Oklahoma especially after that loss last week and Bradford's injury as the cherry on top.

When it rains it pours.
    after the thread about brohm and crabtree, bradford and gresham could be better examples of losing money than those two guys. it would be incredible for this guy to fall to us, but 32 is a long way to fall for a guy that was a consensus top-15 pick at a non-premium position.

Better cash that lottery ticket when you can.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    after the thread about brohm and crabtree, bradford and gresham could be better examples of losing money than those two guys. it would be incredible for this guy to fall to us, but 32 is a long way to fall for a guy that was a consensus top-15 pick at a non-premium position.
    Perfect example of why you take that money when you can in football. All it takes is one play...even in practice like in Gresham's case.

He probably cost himself in the neighborhood of $20 million if not more. I don't blame him like I do Crabtree right now its a little different situation, I just feel bad for the kid.

And your right I dont see him falling all the way to 32,but I could see somewhere in the early 20's maybe.

If we were trying to trade up for Pettigrew during the draft and Gresham slides a little Ozzie next year will be BURNING up the phone lines for this guy....guaranteed.

Never too early for a mock draft!

No Gresham in the first round.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2010projection.html

September 10, 2009

#

1 Detroit Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma JR

2 Cleveland Carlos Dunlap DE Florida JR

3 Kansas City Taylor Mays FS Southern California SR

4 St. Louis Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma JR

5 Oakland Eric Berry FS Tennessee JR

6 Buffalo Brian Bulaga OT Iowa JR

7 Seattle Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska SR

8 Seattle (from Denver) Colt McCoy QB Texas SR

9 Jacksonville Terrance Cody DT Alabama SR

10 Cincinnati Arrelious Benn WR llinois JR

11 Tampa Bay Russell Okungn OT Oklahoma State SR

12 New York Jets Joe Haden CB Florida JR

13 San Francisco Sergio Kindle LB Texas SR

14 Washington Jevan Snead QB Mississippi JR

15 Miami Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State JR

16 Houston Das-I Rowling CB Virginia JR

17 Green Bay George Selvie LB South Florida SR

18 San Francisco (from Carolina) Trent Williams OT Oklahoma SR

19 Denver (from Chicago) Tim Tebow QB Florida SR

20 Dallas Reshad Jones FS Georgia JR

21 Aanta Eric Norwood DE South Carolina SR

22 Aizona ean Witherspoon LB Missouri SR

23Indianapolis Vince OghobaaseDTDukeSR

24 Minnesota Greg HardyDEMississippiSR

25Philadelphia Brandon GrahamDEMichiganSR

26Baltimore Brandon SpikesBFloridaSR

27 New England Evan RoysterRBPenn StateJR

28 New Orleans Kris O'DowdCSouthern CaliforniaJR

29Pittsburgh Anthony Davis OTRutgersJR

30Tennessee Trevard LyndleyCBKentuckySR

31 New York Giants Arthur JonesDTSyracuseSR

32San Diego Ciron BlackOTLSUSR
    Last edited by 52decleetzu; 09-11-2009 at 03:19 PM.

10. Re: OT-Jermaine Gresham out for the year

getting spikes would be nice, i could see him as a good fit in this D with some solid leadership qualities. the corner out of kentucky is very good too.

I hope he will be fine. He was the best WR and the best TE last year. Looked unstopable, and I am not sure why he or Bradford did not come out.

They looked like top 10 locks, Bradford #1 maybe, and it looked like Gresham was a 4.5 kind of guy with great size and hands. He looks like by far the best TE prospect in the decade.

Crabtree and Gresham. Because one entererd the draft and the other stayed in school, one is sypathetic, the other a fool but the moral of the story is they need some new rules.

The way it is now makes no sense and has led to a potential lockout.

I would like to see a system more like the other sports where you can be drafted but still play in the minors or college. Players should have options and teams should not have to take such big gambles on unproven and not ready players, while players with pro value should be able to get paid, get an agent and prepare to become a pro while still using the college to develop and learn. Any other student can stay in school while working on the side.

As long as the guy is not actually playing and practicing with pro players, I do not see the harm in letting the guys that only leave early for money stay in school and just get paid by a pro team while they continue to play in college.

:T2:

Wouldn't he be eligible for a medical redshirt and come back to Oklahoma the next season?