Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuts?

Cuts?

Via Twitter & Adam Schefter

Cuts coming. Players on bubble include: Jamal Lewis, Deion Branch, Ben Watson, Jeff Garcia, Matt Bryant, Brian Williams, Michael Bennett.
    Deion Branch is still pretty good. I think he could be come at least #2 but be a #4 WR in our offense from the get-go.

Ben Watson is still young and can catch and won't be injury prone like a L.J Smith

Re: Cuts?

yeah. this is the same as my wire watch thread.

I like Branch, doubt Jamal gets cut, but I would take him back as the #3.

:T2:

I like Watson.

I like Branch too, but I think Cam wants some bigger WR's in there...unless said WR is Steve Smith.

We need another TE and OT.

Blog Entries

First cut announced....The Bills cut offensive coordinator Turk Schonert...That makes 3 OCs in less than a week fired in the NFL.

Also hearing Corey Ivy may be cut because, SHOCKER, he's been picked on all during TC and Preseason.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    yeah. this is the same as my wire watch thread.

I like Branch, doubt Jamal gets cut, but I would take him back as the #3.
    This was reported earlier this week because of the suprising play of their 5th rounder, James Davis. I highly doubt it too, since you'd want a veteran in there as insurance and I'm not so sure Jerome Harrison is enough insurance to be safe.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

On the bubble: Jamal Lewis

Another former Raven that goes to Cleveland and does almost nothing.

Ozzie made the right call moving on from him.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Also hearing Corey Ivy may be cut because, SHOCKER, he's been picked on all during TC and Preseason.
    :word

Blog Entries

I'm guessing Ravens won't announce the cuts until tomorrow, but I wonder if they've already told the players. Fabian Washington on his twitter said Harbaugh gave the players the weekend off. I would think he'd meet with each cut player personally before they leave for the weekend.

I'd jump on it if Deion Branch became available, i know Cam would want a big guy long term to compliment the smallish group we have but he's too good of a player not to take a look at short term

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    On the bubble: Jamal Lewis

Another former Raven that goes to Cleveland and does almost nothing.

Ozzie made the right call moving on from him.
    I thought he did a heck of a job for them, considering their average o-line and spotty qbing. rbs tend to flame out fairly quick.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

hmm, not sure how I feel about this way of handling cuts...

via WNST twitter:
    #Ravens players will be informed of roster decisions by phone tomorrow as they are not scheduled to be at facility
    I'd say why not tell them IN PERSON today? That seems to be the classier way of doing it, unless they are using the rest of the day to actually make the cutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    hmm, not sure how I feel about this way of handling cuts...

via WNST twitter:

I'd say why not tell them IN PERSON today? That seems to be the classier way of doing it, unless they are using the rest of the day to actually make the cutdown.
    Edit; It was you a few post up lol. But I don't think that they'll call someone there gonna cut. That just doesn't seem professional or "Raven" like