Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Missed the end of the game: Heard on radio that Eron Riley ...

may have played his way on to the roster.

Really?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Re: Missed the end of the game: Heard on radio that Eron Riley ...

he had two really nice catches...one long one and one for a TD.

If he makes team from one performance, I'd be shocked. It may be more than Harper played his way off the team with yet another ridiculous flubbed catch and Riley was the best of what's left. If Harper gets cut, I would be shocked if we don't pickup a cut veteran to take his spot though. Riley is more P Sq material to me.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

It may be more than Harper played his way off the team with yet another ridiculous flubbed catch and Riley was the best of what's left.
    He actually dropped two, the second was a harder catch but he still needs to make them.

D Will played lights out, with 4 nice grabs plus drawing a PI on a long one. With Kelly Washington, D Will, Mason and Clayton I feel a lot more comfortable about our WR corp. Hopefully TJ can get healthy and Heap will stay healthy to give us a solid TE group.

Blog Entries

I didn't see the 2nd one...but I think you could probably hear the exaggerated sigh from Harbaugh and Cameron when he missed that first one. That kind've miss deserved the Limas Sweed "phantom injury because your ego is bruised so badly" treatment like when he missed the wide open sure fire TD against us last year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    He actually dropped two, the second was a harder catch but he still needs to make them.

D Will played lights out, with 4 nice grabs plus drawing a PI on a long one. With Kelly Washington, D Will, Mason and Clayton I feel a lot more comfortable about our WR corp. Hopefully TJ can get healthy and Heap will stay healthy to give us a solid TE group.
    +1 on D-Will.

He finally showed me what all the hype has been about. I hope this guy stays healthy. If [when] Mason retires at the end of the season, I feel that D-will will move quickly up the chart. I actually got goosebumps watching his receptions last night.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

How'd the kickers do? The game was blacked out for me...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    How'd the kickers do? The game was blacked out for me...

- C -
    Hauschka won the job last night. one field goal made and the snap was skipped to the holder, he was able to get past that distraction. I think it was 38 yards...

His second filed goal came with a little over a minute left in the 4th, and I think it was around 46 yards.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Hauschka won the job last night. one field goal made and the snap was skipped to the holder, he was able to get past that distraction. I think it was 38 yards...

His second filed goal came with a little over a minute left in the 4th, and I think it was around 46 yards.

I agree he won the job, but his KOs still leave a lot to be desired. Better hang time, granted, but not a whole lot deeper than what Stover was giving us.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Prolly for the best, thanks. I think if we don't wind up bringing back Stover, I'll maybe give Haushka a shot in some of my fantasy leagues.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    he had two really nice catches...one long one and one for a TD.

If he makes team from one performance, I'd be shocked. It may be more than Harper played his way off the team with yet another ridiculous flubbed catch and Riley was the best of what's left. If Harper gets cut, I would be shocked if we don't pickup a cut veteran to take his spot though. Riley is more P Sq material to me.
    Totally agree. There is a reason he has been at the absolute bottom of the depth chart all preseason. I doubt he jumps onto the roster due to 2 nice catches against future burger-flippers.

Practice Squad, maybe. IMO, his biggest problem in camp was he can't run decent routes. For all his speed, his cuts are slow/ugly/sloppy, and there's no acceleration/quickness away from the defender. Hands were shaky, too.

A year of pro coaching may improve his WR skills. The speed and strength give him a high ceiling.

Blog Entries

I've got to say this on Riley (who I was initially not very high on while everyone was proclaiming this kid to be the next Jerry Rice who just managed to fall out of the draft)...if route running is his only issue, this is probably the WORST you will see him. Route running can be improved. Bad hands, not as easy to improve.

I say give the kid a year on P Sq and let him keep practicing...Maybe he gets called up late in the season as an injury replacement and get his shot to show us his improvements.

He looks good. Sort of raw, but big strong and very fast with some decent change of direction skills. he should be safe to psquad, but there may be room for him if they cut Harper and Figurs.

Figurs has got next to no PT this preseason, but I did not see any drops from him.

The K thing to me is not as solved as it seems.

Who cares if he can make a couple 40+ yard FGs. I want to see the ball kicked into the endzone on almost every kick off, and Gano does it, Hauska does not. I think Gano can make a good percentage of 40+ yarders, he did it at FSU in big games, but I think the extra 5-15 yards on the kick off more than makes up for 5% more FG accuracy if that is even what it would be.

:T2: