Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cheeseburger apendectomy

Per ESPNews. He's definately out for the opener and probably will be gone 2-4 weeks.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Re: Cheeseburger apendectomy

Is this somehow related to the accident? Was this an infection resulting from his other injuries?
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Such a shame.Looks like 0-1 for them to start off.Where did you hear 2-4 weeks?? It wont be that long,he should be back for game 2 from what I have been reading in the past hour,Ward had this in 02 and only missed a week.

The Squeelers first 3 games are against The Dolphins, Jaguars and Bengals.

Its a very good possibility that if he is out 4 weeks, the Squeelers would start out 0-3

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    Such a shame.Looks like 0-1 for them to start off.Where did you hear 2-4 weeks?? It wont be that long,he should be back for game 2 from what I have been reading in the past hour,Ward had this in 02 and only missed a week.
    Ward only missed one game but he had it on Aug 23 and played Sep9. That's 2 weeks but since it happened in Aug he only missed 1 game. Big Ben won't be allowed to lift anything for a week and then the Steelers have to be confident that he can take a hit. That's at least 2 weeks so that's where the 2-4 week projection comes in.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

That sucks.

Good news is he should be healthy in time to lose to us.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

According to KFFL.COM, the Steelers are going to sign a QB to backup Batch for week one. Brian St. Pierre? They did want him back.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

OK I got it Angelos,you havent heard anyone say that it is just your opinion that he will be gone up to 4 weeks.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06247/718946-66.stm

Coming from a physician -- doubt that the appendectomy is related to the motorcycle accident in any way.

Most people would recover from the appendectomy in 1-2 weeks and be ready to go back to work -- however, most people's work don't involve having a 280 pound defensive end trying to tackle you in the abdomen!

Problem is that if they let him go out too early, the chances of him getting into secondary complications is high -- same issues as the sports hernia -- once you cut the abdomen wall, people vary tremendously in how quickly they heal.

So if I were the Steelers trainers I would be conservative and go at least 4 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    Coming from a physician -- doubt that the appendectomy is related to the motorcycle accident in any way.
    Agreed, it's got nothing to do with the motorcycle incident. As for how long he'll be out, I heard this morning (on ESPN radio, I think) that he's out for at least the first two games.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    OK I got it Angelos,you havent heard anyone say that it is just your opinion that he will be gone up to 4 weeks.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06247/718946-66.stm
    Again, this is getting too personal, please don't attack the poster. He may have heard it or read it or might be making it up. All you have to do is note all you can find says "X" and leave it at that.

I have had an emergency appendectomy by an excellent surgeon who made an incision less than 2". The surgery took 20 minutes from the time I was knocked out until I woke back up rolling down the hall to my room. I was told not to even drive for 3 weeks, although that was being extra cautious probably. The good thing was it was summer, I was 16 and I couldn't mow the lawn for like 6 weeks!

Anyway, 4 weeks is very possible unless the surgery went perfectly, 2 if it went perfectly. He will probably miss 2 games. Batch isn't all that bad so I wouldn't write them off, but it isn't the optimal thing for the Stealers.

Trap, it sounds like you had yours burst or something, nowadays it is a very small incision that takes like 5 stitches tops and you go home in a day as long as you are pooping again and don't have an infection. LOL. I had my surgery in 1979 and I think I was there 2 nights, including the first night when I had the surgery.

That being said, if it actually bursts they have to open you up more and clean you out, that takes a long while to recover. If that happened they probably would have noted it.
    Last edited by Greg; 09-04-2006 at 11:27 AM.

He hits a vehicle face first and misses no time. His appendix bursts and he will propbaly miss a couple of games. Go figure.

(Good thing he doesn't have 'roids.)
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"