Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan

Rex Ryan

Man, I am mighty sick of this guy. This fat tub of lard just can't shut up about our team even though he finally got his head coach job after many tries. I'm sure most of you heard how he said he was upset the Ravens gave Paul Kruger jersey #99 (which hasn't been worn since Michael McCrary).

"disappointed that they gave his jersey to some rookie who hasn't proven" anything.
    But he said "shit" instead of anything.

Rex, YOU haven't proven shit yet as a head coach. And all you've proven as a coordinator is that you can have a top 5 defense with all-world Pro-Bowl talent at nearly every position and a future Hall of Famer as the field general. Let's see how Bart Scott does without Ray, Suggs, Ngata and Reed playing around him.

Now Kruger is shooting back at Rex, saying what he said was "childish". Good for you, Paul. Don't take any lip from this fat-ass.

I was annoyed with Rex when he first left, but now the guy is getting really bad.

Blog Entries

Re: Rex Ryan

He just wants the attention...Kruger is meeting with Michael McCrary, or did meet with him. I don't think McCrary was hurt by us giving his number to Kruger, and that is THE ONLY person I would be worried about that upsetting, not Rex Ryan.

As for his comments as to him being passed over for the job. Whatever, you know he can't sit there and take it nicely and just say "You know what, John was the right guy"...he has to make himself feel more important, then throw in the caveat that John was definitley the 2nd best guy for the job. At this point, don't even say that, because it's just more insulting to a guy who really did everything he could to make you feel welcome last year.

Rex's words are fleeting, it's his team's performance that will tell if he is a great one or not. He's really just trying to incite something by talking smack, I don't really take offense to it. Let's show him on the field who the better team is.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Kruger should have stayed quiet and just sacked Sanchez 4 times tommorrow... then ran up to Rex and ask "Is that enough shit for you?

I respect the sentiment Rex, but really, worry about your own fucking team now.

I'll bet McCrary doesn't mind the rookie wearing the number he made famous here anyway.

Yeah, I started a thread on this yesterday but the board gremlin deleted it.

I always liked his no-holds-barred comments and the fact he wasn't afraid of telling it like it is, but it seems now he's bought into his own hype and is setting himself up for a huge fall if the Jets don't make the playoffs this year. Rest assured, all of this will come back to bite him.

He should worry about his own team and not disparage the decisions of an organization he's no longer a part of, and without which he wouldn't be where he is today.

Really what has Rex ever done?

The defense was great before he was in charge. He just didn't mess up what was working. Same goes with Mike Nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    Really what has Rex ever done?

The defense was great before he was in charge. He just didn't mess up what was working. Same goes with Mike Nolan.
    All of his complicated "mad scientist" schemes and exotic looks and blitz packages weren't needed with the talent we had/have. I like seeing Greg Mattison getting back to basics with trying for more pressure from the front 4.

How has Marvin Lewis' defense looked in Cincy? Mike Nolan's in SF?

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    All of his complicated "mad scientist" schemes and exotic looks and blitz packages weren't needed with the talent we had/have. I like seeing Greg Mattison getting back to basics with trying for more pressure from the front 4.

I always wondered if Rex got too cute with his defenses, especially against Cincy. It seems like they outsmarted us on more than one occasion during his tenure as DC.

Frankly I don't think Rex is smart and organized enough to be a head coach, and Kruger was right when he said his remarks were unprofessional and childish. I would expect that from Rex though.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post

I was coming home to startthis thread, instead you beat me to it. Rex Ryan has worn out his welcome with me. He is a mouthy piece of shit and never shuts up. I like confidence in one but, his big ass is to damn cocky. He needs a reality check.

I've Never been a Rex supporter, and as one poster said, "He hasn't proven squat yet as a HC", or something like that. Regarding McCrary, he is in the Ravens ROH, owns a SB ring, and is well-respected in the community - I'm certain he could care less about someone else wearing his number!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

McCrary's take on Kruger getting No. 99

Former Ravens defensive end Michael McCrary on rookie defensive end/outside linebacker Paul Kruger wearing his old No. 99 jersey: "The Ravens organization told me they were going to give my jersey to Paul Kruger. They said he resembled me as far as having the same passion and desire I play with when I was on the field. I wish him the best of luck and I've heard nothing but good things about him. I look forward to seeing him play."
    Via Baltimore Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel#52 View Post
    Kruger should have stayed quiet and just sacked Sanchez 4 times tommorrow... then ran up to Rex and ask "Is that enough shit for you?
    I wouldn't even do that. I'd sack him, look at Rex, and point to the number on my jersey. :)