Blog Entries

1st Depth Chart?

Seeming on PFT and SI that all teams had to submit 1st depth chart of the year this week. Checked BR.com and low and behold, we have our first depth chart...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Peopl...pth_Chart.aspx

No big suprises here, especially since this isn't necessarily an inidication of who's winning any battles. One interesting one is that Yanda is behind Chester on the depth chart. Looks like vets were given the edge over rookies for the most part, as evidenced by Figurs being 2nd returner on the depth chart, even though everyone says Webb has blown him away in the return game.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: 1st Depth Chart?

I think most surprising on this to me is Rice in front of McGahee...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Smith ahead of Harper? Surprising.

Rice ahead of McGahee? Not surprising...Rice will blow up this year.

Frank Walker ahead of Oglesby? Disappointing...he's a punk and I hope we cut him.

Other than that, no surprises to me...

Seems like this was done before the start of camp. Didn't they already announce Harper will Start for Clayton. The chart has him backing up Mason, on the third team.

I doubt that Washington is behind Smith right now

... and Ayenedajo is not ahead of ellerbe. Has he even practiced? And Samari is still on PUP. This chart is interesting to look at, but not very rooted in present reality.

My question is Peerman? I heard he was impressing coaches. But, he is 5th on the depth chart? Anyone know anything on him?

Blog Entries

i know I had checked during the lull between OTAs and camp, and the depth chart was from last year...could've been posted at start of camp, but I would think this is the 1st depth chart...

Again, I think this is more a formality than actual reality. In most cases, vets are going to be placed ahead of rookies simply because rookies haven't had any real game experience yet. Marcus Smith, while being absolutely abysmal in camp, was on the roster for all of last season, while Harper was not. I would believe Harper starting for Clayton, since right now they want to give him the shot to show he can overtake Marcus Smith in a gametime situation. Same for Peerman being 5th, I doubt he's considered the 5th best RB, but Parmele played in an NFL game last year, and Lawrence has a year in the system under his belt...Same even goes for Ellerbe being behind Ayanbedejo. I believe Ayanbedejo has practiced, but this is just showing that for now, Ayanbedejo's experience puts him ahead on the depth chart.

I would expect many of those orders to change before the season, just putting it out there for some discussion. Rice has been ahead of McGahee since Day 1, and part of me has always thought it was a strategic decision to light a fire under Willis. So that could be why a number of guys are still buried, make them continue to prove it and play with a chip on their shoulder.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!