Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AD article

AD article

Great story on the most underrated player in the NFL

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...mostviewedlink

And I ask,why has this invaluable member of our defense not locked up for the next 3-4 years already??? We cannot let him "test the open market to see what his value is" because some other team will give him the big money he deserves,and we likely wont match.

Re: AD article

We don't have the cap space, he came back two years ago but he's thirty this coming off-season I believe and this will be his big payday, I'm not sure we can afford to keep him to be brutally honest, just gotta really enjoy this last year with him if it turns out to be the case.

Cap space is not a problem,the cap is going from $102 million to $109 next year,and we have plenty of room to lock him up.I just read an article(I will try to find it) detailing how free agency is starting to not be that great of a factor,because the cap is so high now relative to where it was in the past.It also stated that those 1 yr turn arounds for bad teams are going to be less and less likely to happen because of this.

update: here is the article...http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/previe...ohn&id=2565134

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

400 stitches!!!!!!!!!!! That's probably more than Big Ben.

Out of curiosity, I just checked and they did include the forehead scar on the Citco bobblehead. (OK, everyone get up and check yours to see if it's there)

Yep, I got all three Citgo bobbleheads....Mason, Clayton, and AD....AD's gotta scar on mine.

Wow, talk about realism.....
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

With having to extend Terrell Suggs and possibly Musa Smith, it is not likely that Thomas will be back. Besides, we have so many young LB/DE types ready to step in.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Name me 2 OLB's of AD's caliber on this team.....

Next year expect a tandem of Cody and Scott, with a combined salary smaller then AD's.

You cant name me 2 in the league much less the team,that have the versatility that AD does.How do you think the Pats D would have faired if they had let McGinist walk when he still had 4 more productive years in him.And Dan Cody has yet to play in one NFL game and he is the heir apparent to AD now?? I know thats probably how the Ravens envision it but what if it doesnt work out that way?
    If the Ravens want to keep him they can,and dont rule out the cap savings from letting Ray go to help make that possible,even though they could still keep both IMHO.I also didnt know that Musa Smith was a priority,but I guess 2nd string RB's are a lot harder to find these days from your perspective,and guys who can line up at every posiyion on D are a dime a dozen.

Everyone here knows about the value AD brings to this team. He is an amazing player...right now. He will get a big money contract this offseason and will pretty soon start declining. It happened to Ray, it will happen to AD. Be happy we most likely got AD's best years. I don't want to be sitting here 3 years from now bitching about how we are paying 5 mil a year to a beat up LBer.

AD in his prime is nowhere near as good as Ray in his prime; so when AD is Ray's age how good do you think he'll be?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan86
    Name me 2 OLB's of AD's caliber on this team.....

Does not matter. It is called the salary cap era. As much as it would hurt to lose Thomas, it is a numbers game. Besides, Suggs is the next in line for a huge payday.

Which would you keep; Suggs or Thomas. A smart organization (and we are one) keeps Suggs.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Its the much higher salary cap era,109 million vs what was it 85 or so last year.Big difference