Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Trade Mike Anderson To The Jets

We don't necessarily need Derrick Strait in return, but with Lee Suggs failing that physical and with our surplus of RBs, we should ask the Jets if they'd be interested in Mike Anderson.

I would feel very comfortable with a RB corp of Jamal, Musa, PJ Daniels, and Cory Ross. It seems that Mike Anderson is the odd man out here. Jamal is our featured back. Musa could be his heir. Daniels is our change of pace back. Cory Ross can serve on ST and on end arounds.

Unless MA becomes our fulltime fullback, he has no place on this team. If the Jets give us Strait in return, that would be great. Our secondary could use the depth, but I would just take a draft pick either 5th or 6th round pick.

We need all the picks we can get over the next two drafts.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

To be short...I couldn't disagree w/ you more. Anderson needs to stay and be a big part of the offense.

Musa Smith is totally unproven and coming off an 18 month rehab. PJ Daniels has 2 fumbles in 4 touches. Nuff said.

FM

I like MA. He could be the feature FB, and a power/'must get first downs' RB. Musa looks to be the 2nd string at this point. The Ravens held on to him for a reason.
    They also went out and got MA for a reason. Mughelli(?) can go! Green is unproven, so for that reason, lets keep MA! :D

I think it would be a mistake to trade Anderson. I was all for it a couple of days ago. After thinking about it though, that would leave a big drop off after Jamal. If he goes down you're in a world of trouble.

i was for Mike Anderson being our fullback. him and Jamal in the backfield at the same time i just find dangerous.

i am not sure what Anderson's feelings on the matter are, but i am sure he would love to go somewhere and be the starting RB. if we could get something good for him in terms of a draft pick, i don't see why not. it would be a shame to see him go though.

i can say him and Jamal will be in my backfield on Madden. lol.

I hear you guys, but is it worth potentially losing a PJ Daniels and Cory Ross off of the practice squad just to keep Mike Anderson? I like MA as well, but not at the expense of our future.

I just don't see Daniels nor Ross lasting this entire year on our PS, let alone making it through waivers to even get to the practice squad.

Well, both could pull up lame with an "injury."

Just my opinion.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

PJ Daniels is going to have to prove to me he can hang onto the Football. We all know Jamal is good for a fumble every 2-3 games. We don't need someone who potentially is good for a fumble every 2-3 carries.

Cory Ross however...... He looked not half bad.

I'd be more inclined to trading MA if Musa didn't have such an abysmal injury history. After him, both Daniels and Ross are question marks.

I want to wait another preseason game or to and see how our backs look. We can make a deal anytime after the 3rd preseason game to right before the season starts if we need to. RBs are plug and play.

We've only seen MA in a scrimmage and a few series in a preseason game. He is the only non-rookie running back we have on the roster that wasn't injured recently. Let's get through the preseason before we decide what to do with him, remember he has been pretty receptive to sharing the workload and still has been productive in that arrangement. I'd hate to see us trade him tomorrow and then watch Musa get injured in a preseason game and/or have Jamal's ankle start acting up when his carries increase.

No way we trade Mike now. Injuries are a real problem so we need the depth we have at RB. Also please stop saying PJ Daniels is a change of pace back. He is not. He is the same straight ahead north south runner that Jamal and Anderson are. I would lose PJ first. He has zero track record.
    Last edited by joeshmoe; 08-15-2006 at 04:10 PM.

Also, PJ Daniels is not the guy to put the ball on the ground often. Friday was an abberation for whatever reason. I am sure he will bounce back Thursday.

Also, not in favor of trading MA for many of the reasons listed above.

Wouldn't it be ironic to keep MA and have Musa Smitten make it all the way through the season healthy!