Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Barry? WTF are you doing?

Freedom and Liberty. Two words he wouldn't know if they shit on his head. This girl died for them.

Graphic video, possibly NWS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjQxq...layer_embedded

Right now in Iran, people are standing up for what people in this country take for granted every day. All Nobama has time for is to eat ice cream. I can't articulate my feelings as well as this guy so I'm gonna cut and paste his comments from another forum:

Obama isn’t a man. The English language fails to provide words that describe what he is…in mixed company anyway…but of all the things he may be, a man is most definitely not one of them.

He is an embarrassment to the office.

What President of the United States of America refuses to make a statement in support of Liberty and Freedom?

Oh, I read his belated “statement”…and it isn’t anywhere close to what a U.S. President, the “Leader of the Free World, should be saying or doing at a time like this.

Her video should be shown repeatedly and be made the catalyst for the Free Iranian’s cause.

His supporters are actually claiming that he is acting like a “statesman”, unlike his predecessor.

Is there anyone now who can honestly say that North Korea will back down after Kim has seen the way Obama has responded to what is happening in Iran?

What Obama has done is to turn back the clock on the United States and their ability to stand up for freedom and stand against tyranny, brutality and despotism. With every passing day, he demonstrates his inability to comprehend the real workings of a dangerous world.

His and all Liberals rhettoric may sound all nice and fuzzy, what with that whole, “We are all members of the Global Community” garbage, but the realities of the world do not work the way bimber stickers would like them to.

Obama and the rest of the Left have no clue how the world operates. They have no comprehension of the fact that there are real dangers, that there is real evil in this world that only understands strength. They can smell weakness and they will exploit it at every chance they are given.

He has demonstrated to the enemies of freedom and democracy that he is weak, that he is a coward.

He is still under the belief that his concescending little speech in Cairo should have been the end all/be all speech that would bring these thugs to his way of thinking.

Tomorrow, standing on a street corner, there will be the same aging hippies, holding their signs denouncing the Iraq war, signs claiming that “all you need is love”, and other such nonsense. You can be sure that there will not be a single one of them holding a sign denouncing the thugs slaughtering their own people in the streets of Tehran. Not one of these misguided, delusional freaks will be protesting the evils from other lands, demanding they give their own people the freedoms and liberties to live their own lives the way they see fit.

Instead, boosted by the foolish and ignorant rantings from the White house, they will continue to slander their own country, denouncing the very men and women who give their fat butts the ability to do what upwards of 150 men and women in Iran have been slaughtered in the streets just for daring to ask for the same rights and freedoms.

This episode is most definitely exposing Obama and his cabal for what it is…dangerous, misguided, ignorant and foolish, amongst other things.

And it hasn’t even been half a year yet. God help us all just to make it until the 2012 elections.

Re: Barry? WTF are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Freedom and Liberty. Two words he wouldn't know if they shit on his head. This girl died for them.

Graphic video, possibly NWS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjQxq...layer_embedded

Right now in Iran, people are standing up for what people in this country take for granted every day. All Nobama has time for is to eat ice cream. I can't articulate my feelings as well as this guy so I'm gonna cut and paste his comments from another forum:
    Great stuff except.......uhhhhhhh, Obama said,

"The Iranian government must understand that the world is watching. We mourn each and every innocent life that is lost. We call on the Iranian government to stop all violent and unjust actions against its own people. The universal rights to assembly and free speech must be respected, and the United States stands with all who seek to exercise those rights.

As I said in Cairo, suppressing ideas never succeeds in making them go away. The Iranian people will ultimately judge the actions of their own government. If the Iranian government seeks the respect of the international community, it must respect the dignity of its own people and govern through consent, not coercion.

Martin Luther King once said - "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." I believe that. The international community believes that. And right now, we are bearing witness to the Iranian peoples' belief in that truth, and we will continue to bear witness."

What do you want him to do? Send a couple hundred thousands troops over there and declare, "Mission Accomplished"? What a joke. It times like this when one can see the difference between an individual that understands the international world as well as historical precedent and is able to demonstrate clear principle while showing restraint and calculation.

The religious clerics want to draw the U.S. into this so they can blame the whole problem on America. Most foriegn policy experts agree on exactly how Obama is handling this.

Seriously 4G... you were the one conservative poster on this board who never came across as some over the top misguided, unhinged and blustering Righty but you just joined the whole group of them with your last two posts. Disappointing.

Even conservative curmudgeon George Will said on Sunday:

"The president is being roundly criticized for insufficient, rhetorical support for what’s going on over there. It seems to me foolish criticism. The people on the streets know full well what the American attitude toward the regime is. And they don’t need that reinforced."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZolNlmmp58I

The drive for criticism is coming from Lindsey Graham and McCain. McCain of "Bomb Bomb Iran" and Graham who did everything but blow McCain during his election drubbing. You can just put Graham in the books right now for being against anything Obama says...that is just par for the course. McCain is just a bitter old man.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Obama could maybe do a bit more, like call for new elections since the last one was obviously rigged, but need not go further. The fact is the guy who lost isn't any better than the guy that one from our point of view. He hates the US, Israel and wants to get nukes as well.

A call for new elections that are free and open to a bunch more candidates is the way to play this. If there were more choices than "Nut Job A" and "Nut Job B" the people would probably go for somebody else. They went for the out-of-power nut because that was their only choice. If they had a much more moderate choice I bet they would go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Obama could maybe do a bit more, like call for new elections since the last one was obviously rigged, but need not go further. The fact is the guy who lost isn't any better than the guy that one from our point of view. He hates the US, Israel and wants to get nukes as well.

A call for new elections that are free and open to a bunch more candidates is the way to play this. If there were more choices than "Nut Job A" and "Nut Job B" the people would probably go for somebody else. They went for the out-of-power nut because that was their only choice. If they had a much more moderate choice I bet they would go for that.
    That's exactly right. The U.S. has a long history of endorsing characters that ultimately become an embarrassment to us. Obama has already stated this early on and has kept a very tempered line between endorsing human rights without endorsing a candidate that will later more than likely spew anti-american sentiment

Right now Rafsanjani is leading a charge against Khamenei which is in U.S. interest. This is the true battle....it really has little to do with Mousavi and Ahmadinejad. We don't need to be in the middle of this right now. The international community is watching.

Huffington Post has been doing an incredible job with frequent updates. I have been following the blog hourly for a couple days now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_215189.html

I wish we had a candidate to choose from Besides Nut-job A and Nut-job B in our very own elections here in the US. It has been a contest of who is less worse for decades now... Since Reagan I suppose...

This situation as well as the following video demonstrate about as clearly as I have seen so far in the past 6 months how desperate (and unsuccessful) the GOP has been in trying to caste a negative light on the Obama Admin.

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/001859/

I will quote directly from the individual who posted the video;

"On the Sunday shows yesterday, Republicans attacked President Obama over his response to the protests in Iran, claiming he has refused to speak out in support of democratic ideals and principles.

Just one problem: as this video shows, President Obama has been defending the protesters since last Monday.

The only major difference between President Obama’s approach and the GOP’s approach is that President Obama chose not to sound like a trigger-happy, arrogant cowboy.
    They gave us eight years of that shoot-from-the-hip Bush-Cheney foreign policy. The least they could do is shut up for eight months to give President Obama a chance to start rebuilding the damage they caused to America".

no shit....

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I wish we had a candidate to choose from Besides Nut-job A and Nut-job B in our very own elections here in the US. It has been a contest of who is less worse for decades now... Since Reagan I suppose...
    So true. But some would argue it goes back further than Reagan.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    So true. But some would argue it goes back further than Reagan.
    I know the Dems have EMBARRASSED themselves for quite a while. I thought they could never do worse then Kerry, and they respond with Gore... I again thought it couldn't get worse then they paraded Karl Marx up to bat....

This entire thread is laughable.

Does not matter if W, Obama or Christ himself (ok, maybe that last one was bad example) was sitting in the oval office.

It's no more Obama's "fault" as it is W's. Muslims in this region, by and large, could give to shits about America's response as their hatred goes back further than all of our ages combined.

Does it mean we sit back and do nothing? Of course not. We have to put on the front for the voters here. But to say we have an impact on the day-to-day lives of these Iranians or the outcomes of their election is naive or arrogant, depending on which viewpoint you happen to hold.

Good point HR. Everyone should just calm down and wait and see what happens. IMO doesn't matter they're trading one evil for another.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This entire thread is laughable.

Does not matter if W, Obama or Christ himself (ok, maybe that last one was bad example) was sitting in the oval office.

It's no more Obama's "fault" as it is W's. Muslims in this region, by and large, could give to shits about America's response as their hatred goes back further than all of our ages combined.

Does it mean we sit back and do nothing? Of course not. We have to put on the front for the voters here. But to say we have an impact on the day-to-day lives of these Iranians or the outcomes of their election is naive or arrogant, depending on which viewpoint you happen to hold.
    I would agree and disagree. At this point, we need to let the process unfold on the Iranians terms. We can't afford to let the work they have done on the streets become a rallying point for the extremists that the unrest is a product of the West. That just diminishes their work. Change has to come from within and be a product of Iranian dissatisfaction. This is the message that Obama has crafted since the beginning of the election process.

That being said, the Cairo speech ignited this process...lit the fire, so to speak and we now sit back and see what burns and what doesn't. Also, while the Obama admin has been tempered with its public statements, I wouldn't be surprised if there are covert actions going on to drive this process to where it is currently. This is too ripe of an opportunity for significant middle east change for there to not be some game planning going on from the white house.