Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. OT: Adam Schefter

Just wondering, does anyone know what happened to Adam Schefter on the NFL Network? Even though he wasn't correct on everything he reported, I liked him and thought he added a lot to NFL Access.

Re: OT: Adam Schefter

I know he signed over to ESPN, so I imagine his NFL Network days are over.

From what I understand, Schefter left NFL Network for ESPN. And he definitely does do a good job. NFL Network wasn't happy about losing him. Gruden and Schefter improve ESPN's NFL broadcast quality immensely, IMO.

I heard Schefter left for ESPN, but his contract isn't up with the NFL until July or something so he won't be on ESPN until then. It doesn't really make any sense to me.

He starts Aug 1 at ESPN. He had been quiet the last few months, but came out with a story recently, not sure if it was with NFL-N, or just on his own.

I hope when he gets to ESPN he can put Mort and Werder in their place.

He's still technically with NFLN, but since he signed with ESPN, they have apparently kept him quiet.

ESPN is going to be chock-full of NFL "insiders," with Morteson and Clayton already there, filling that role. I'm not really clear on why Schefter left NFLN -- I'm guessing over money, but I haven't really heard or read anything definite.

What's wrong with Ed Werder?

Back to topic, I think might be one or two "insiders" over at ESPN that are skerd for their job once he starts. They cannot carry that many insiders on the payroll.

And I think I am in the minority with Florio. I like the guy. He seems to be more right than wrong with this rumors. I can do without the Ray bashing though.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And I think I am in the minority with Florio. I like the guy. He seems to be more right than wrong with this rumors. I can do without the Ray bashing though.

I agree. He is often the first one to report something.

The thing is that he often reports "rumors", but he clearly states so. Obviously, all rumors aren't going to come true or even have been fact. I think people sometimes misinterpret that and think that he is reporting things as fact, when in fact, he's very clear that much of what he reports is simply rumor, and may or may not be true.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Werder and Clayton are okay but Mort is horrendous. Hopefully they'll ditch Mort on the Sunday morning show and replace him with Schefter who is light years ahead of everyone in the biz other than Glazer.

NFLN was off their rockers letting Schefter get away. Now there's very little reason to watch that network. Rich Eisen is top of the line at his job, but the quality over there has taken a big hit recently...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven
    And I think I am in the minority with Florio. I like the guy.
    I like him too, but how did he get into this thread?

But since you brought him up, it will be interesting to see how he handles the new collaboration with NBCSports. He claims they won't censor him, and I hope that's true, because his off-center sense of humor is part of what makes his rumor mill a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Werder and Clayton are okay but Mort is horrendous. Hopefully they'll ditch Mort on the Sunday morning show and replace him with Schefter who is light years ahead of everyone in the biz other than Glazer.

NFLN was off their rockers letting Schefter get away. Now there's very little reason to watch that network. Rich Eisen is top of the line at his job, but the quality over there has taken a big hit recently...

- C -
    I'll be interested to see if Shefter stays so far ahead of his competition now that he doesn't have the backing of the league sponsored network.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I like him too, but how did he get into this thread?

But since you brought him up, it will be interesting to see how he handles the new collaboration with NBCSports. He claims they won't censor him, and I hope that's true, because his off-center sense of humor is part of what makes his rumor mill a good read.
    A small except from Florio today, concerning the draft moving to early May:
    The problem? It would conflict with the Kentucky Derby, an event about which we suppose we should now pretend to give a bushel of road apples since it’s televised by NBC. (Take that, Wasserman.)
    PFT's switch to mainstream comes July 1.