Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

I suspect the reason for that is that it'l default to a midday kickoff, but ESPN (who I suspect will have the rights) may shift it to a later kickoff if the Terps beat Cal and both teams are undefeated heading into the game.

Terps are at Cal, home to James Madison and home to MTSU prior to the game (probably 2-1, I can't see us beating Cal, though not out of the question).

Rutgers are home to Cincinnati, home to Howard and home to FIU prior to the game. (Probably 2-1 also, Cincy look like a good bet for the Big East title).

So there's a chance ESPN shift it later depending upon what else they have/decide to broadbast that day, but I'd guess it'll stay midday.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Irish - could you just confirm you'll definitely be taking the two tickets I secured for the game? Obviously they're yours if you want them at face value of $85 a piece. Just give me the cash when I see you on the Sunday.

I also have a pair of Ravens cufflinks - gift from my wife on our wedding day, which I wore for the ceremony/reception.
    Hey FPR, 100% I'll take them from you! If you have a paypal account I will transfer the money? Would it be possible for you to post them to me? I will pay the P&P - just let me know!

Thanks a million by the way, really appreciate this! Where will we be sitting?

Anyone know where best to get tickets to the Terps game? Are they expensive to buy outside the ground?

Mista T - we will meet again! Will you be tailgating? It must be 3 years since your trip to Ireland right???

If the Terps game is at 12pm, what time would tailgating kick off at Byrd Stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven View Post
    Hey FPR, 100% I'll take them from you! If you have a paypal account I will transfer the money? Would it be possible for you to post them to me? I will pay the P&P - just let me know!

Thanks a million by the way, really appreciate this! Where will we be sitting?

Anyone know where best to get tickets to the Terps game? Are they expensive to buy outside the ground?
    Don't know yet where you'll be sitting - still waiting for them to arrive in the mail. It'll be upper level sideline somewhere.

As I said, I'm happy for you to just give me the money at tailgate on gameday and I'll bring the tickets then. I tailgate with MistaT and the other usual suspects. If you prefer I'm happy to post them to you in Ireland, though I'd have a slight concern about them going missing in the mail. I do have a paypal account though. If you want to PM me your email address we can discuss further.

Sent you a PM FPR!

thanks!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Toeman, our tailgating lot has moved to the east side of the stadium out past the Hilti building. I don't know the exact location yet but our previous lot is going to be a slots parlor some time and we had to make a move because the number of games it would be available was in question.

DAMN YOU ALL!!!!!! I was dying to get over for this but it's not looking like it's gonna happen at the moment.

Wink Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

Mista T - we will meet again! Will you be tailgating? It must be 3 years since your trip to Ireland right???

If the Terps game is at 12pm, what time would tailgating kick off at Byrd Stadium?
    3 years is about right, Niall. Will you be bringing the latest chaper in your love-life to the tailgate parties?

Terps tailgating should start around 9 am. I may or may not make it: friends are coming into town for the Ravens game and the Saturday Navy game, which starts 3:30 pm, and I am trying to convince them to make it a trifecta to include the Terps game at noon (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Toeman, our tailgating lot has moved to the east side of the stadium out past the Hilti building. I don't know the exact location yet
    Map and photo of new tailgate location is here.
    Last edited by Mista T; 07-22-2009 at 07:35 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Where is the Navy game at?

How easy are tickets?

Yes, she will be joining us for the tailgating! I need to get her some Terps and Ravens clothing before we head over!!

9am should not be a problem - are tickets easy enough to pick up at the stadium? I'll be doing some sight seeing after the game

Can't wait to get there and see you all! - Go Terps Go Ravens!!! :happyanim

Wink Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    Where is the Navy game at?
    Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium on the outskirts of Annapolis -- see map and photos ---> here.

Subject to traffic, it's about 1/2 hour or so from Byrd Stadium in College Park, and another half hour to Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    How easy are tickets?
    Easy to get $22 seats in the end zone, harder but usually not too hard for $32 sideline seats. This game will be a light draw -- below face value sidelines seats should be attainable outside the stadium. If you are antsy about doing that, check out this site or the Scout Navy tickets forum for people selling their tickets. Or PM me and I'll ask around. (My wife & I already have season tickets, but we are past the window when I could have bought extras).

9am should not be a problem - are tickets easy enough to pick up at the stadium?
    I've never had a problem picking up tickets outside Byrd Stadium at below face value for non-ACC games.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

The MD Terp website still doesn't have a start time listed. I went onto Stubhub to checkout ticket prices and they are advertising a 1pm start time.