OT-fraud in Maryland

Hey I just wanted to let everyone know and give them a heads up because of what happened to me. There is a fruad going on and they are getting peoples bank card numbers and pin numbers and taking money out of the account. They send you a text saying your card has been deactivated and to cal a 1-800 number to reactivate your card.

It has happen to 3 people I know and myself. I called the bank and reported my money missing and they said that its being taken out in a bank of america in California. Over 1,000 people in Maryland have already been hit with the scam including myself.

I just wanted to give everyone the heads up because they just whipped me out clean today.

Re: OT-fraud in Maryland

that sucks. sorry to hear. best of luck to you and thanks for the "heads up."
    I live vicariously through myself.

I don't think most banks notify you of a card being deactivated via text message.

I hear there's also an African prince who needs your help transferring $100,000,000,000,000USD into the country and needs your account information to initiate the transfer. I'll forward you his email address.

Sorry to hear that. My girlfriend also got the text this morning saying that her CITI bank account was deactivated and gave an 800 number to reactivate. Luckily she doesn't use CITI or else she probably would have been had as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I don't think most banks notify you of a card being deactivated via text message.

I hear there's also an African prince who needs your help transferring $100,000,000,000,000USD into the country and needs your account information to initiate the transfer. I'll forward you his email address.

One in every bunch, if you think it's a joke then go ahead and make your smart remarks. I was just giving a heads up to people so it doesn't happen to them. I don't see a good resoaning behind your joke and the shot at me for fucking up making a mistake and trying to warn others. It's a good deed that's all.

It was a good deed, and thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    One in every bunch, if you think it's a joke then go ahead and make your smart remarks. I was just giving a heads up to people so it doesn't happen to them. I don't see a good resoaning behind your joke and the shot at me for fucking up making a mistake and trying to warn others. It's a good deed that's all.
    This very same txt came into Johns Hopkins email system and went to all their employees. A few people were taken too. This was well thought out and not the typical scam where your long lost cousin from Albania left you millions. It is good to spread the world....sorry I didnt do it first.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Cool I can post again:ww:I trust nothing, and it has done me well Sorry you got caught. We had someone get my husbands debit card number and it was a nightmare. The brain surgeon actually paid their comcrap bill with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post

dammit, I thought I was the only one that the prince was sending money to. I mean it look legit
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan