SI Reports Texas Wants Tejada and Bedard for Texieria

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ade/index.html

(At the bottom of the link)

1. Folks need to get over this thing of trying to create another Cal Ripken. In other words, because Tex is from Maryland, a lot of person are clamouring to get this guy.

2. I would not trade Tejada for Tex. That would be a downgrade. Tejada is a better all around player and at a crucial position: SS.

3. I would trade Erik Bedard and a prospect like Reimold for Texieria. Bedard is overrated and always pitches well in one streak before reverting back to his inconsistency.

I would trade Bedard, Loewen or Penn, Reimold, and Olson (Bruce Chen, Jr.) for Tex. I would then sign Carlos Lee via FA and a pitcher such as Jason Schmidt. You gain these players and still keep Tejada, and now you have a competitive team.

That said, the Orioles brass is not smart enough to pull this off. They'd spend all offseason trying to pettle Rodrigo Lopez to Tex and blow the deal, while at the same time, failing to work on any other deals.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: SI Reports Texas Wants Tejada and Bedard for Texieria

If that's what the Rangers want the can sit and swivel/go forth and multiply however you want to put it. Tejada>Tex, though if Miggy were to start bringing down the locker room then I'd take a straight swap, but adding Bedard into the deal makes it a deal only Peter Angelos would accept.......................... and that's what worries me.

I would trade Tejada straight up for Teixeria. Miguel isn't that happy in Baltimore, and I think he'll be on his way out sooner than later. If Texas is interested in Miguel, I would also try to pry away Michael Young, and offer some prospects from the farm system. I WOULD NOT give up Loewen or Bedard. Those two arms are the future of this organization. Bringing Teixeria to Baltimore would be awesome though, since he's a native Marylander, and would hit monster home runs in Oriole Park.
    DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Thank god you aren't the GM/owner of the O's. Trading Bedard and Loewen or Penn would be an awful move. Horrible. Can't believe you would even propose it. Even Angelos isn't stupid enough to make that trade. I agree 100% with the O's stance on this. I would trade Tejada for him in a heartbeat, but it's a no go with any of our young pitchers.

You win with pitching. Look at the Tigers, best team in baseball and it's not because of their offense. Look at the White Sox last year. We aren't going to trade Bedard. We aren't going to trade Loewen and we aren't going to trade Penn. They are the future of the team.

No, trading for Tex and signing Lee doesn't make us competitive. It makes us the same team we are now. A team with a decent offense and no pitching. Pah.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

yes, I know Bedard is inconsistent, but he's young. Never, never trade away young pitching (Schilling, Harnisch, Maddux, Flanagan, McGregor...). I do agree that Tejada is worth about as much as Texiera & worth keeping.

The only person who would make that trade is Peter Angelos.

The trade with Houston was crazy better. Oswalt for Tejada?
    I might actually do that, just because of the fact we'll have a real vet top flight starter to help work with these younger guys.

I don't think there's any way in hell Tiexiera ends up an Oriole in 2007. And I wouldn't trade Tejada, Bedard, or Loewen for him. IMO, Tejada for Tex would be an even trade, but one that leaves the Orioles in the same boat they're in now. Giving up an additional player(s) makes them WORSE than they are now.

Just say no. I know he's a local kid and all, but it just doesn't make baseball sense.