Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Game

Cincinnati Game

So I was hoping to get to the Packers game but we don't usually travel in December - too close to the holidays. Haven't done a Bengals game yet and figured this would be a good year since we've either been to the other places or have no desire to go. Anybody gone? How's the city? Just from doing some research it looks a little boring. We're doing a long weekend so I'd like something to do. Thanks!
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Re: Cincinnati Game

I hear that Minnesota is a fun trip.

Blog Entries

I have went to Cincinnati the past 2 seasons and there isnt much to do there. it can be a very cheap trip or and expensive trip it all depends on what the bengals record is. last season i got tickets from ticketsnow.com for $22 and they were in the endzone 15 rows from the field but the season before i paid $145 and the seats were in the upper corner of the endzone. i dont recomend flying cinn is one of the most expensive airports in the country to fly into. its very small

I'll pass on the Minnesota game. I hate domes. Went to the Atlanta game a few years ago and it just didn't feel like football to me. Thanks for the input. Didn't look like a lot of fun there. Who knows? Maybe we'll bite the bullet and do Green Bay after all....
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Im already in for Minnesota and Green Bay ....

Deciding if it's worth the hassle to deal with Oakland fans.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I bet a good therapist could talk you out of committing suicide...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Im already in for Minnesota and Green Bay ....

You may want to include this in your background research file...
    http://withleather.uproxx.com/2009/0...-us#more-17653

Thats a very compelling argument.

Me thinks I will stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by octscotts View Post
    I'll pass on the Minnesota game. I hate domes. Went to the Atlanta game a few years ago and it just didn't feel like football to me. Thanks for the input. Didn't look like a lot of fun there. Who knows? Maybe we'll bite the bullet and do Green Bay after all....
    agree domes suck.we did atlanta a few years back it felt like a AFL game
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by octscotts View Post
    So I was hoping to get to the Packers game but we don't usually travel in December - too close to the holidays. Haven't done a Bengals game yet and figured this would be a good year since we've either been to the other places or have no desire to go. Anybody gone? How's the city? Just from doing some research it looks a little boring. We're doing a long weekend so I'd like something to do. Thanks!

octscotts: I'm stuck here in this Cowtown until retirement, so if you decide on attending the game, feel free to PM me for directions, what to do, etc.

I usually go to the Ravens game here and especially the tailgating. One thing that particularly p*sses off Bengals fans is when you tell them that you like their orange and Black Orioles colors. Also, a few "who-deys" back at them after they've lost always proves to be a bit of low quality entertainment. You'll be sick of hearing "who-dey" around three hours before game time. Imagine how sick of it I am.

Ravenmobile on the Scout board has a horror story from a few years back. After the Bungs lost to us, some maniacal bengals fan went on a screaming rampage of his tailgating area where he had parked his RV that he'd put around $25K of purple and black remodeling. I'm twice the size of this nut, but me and everybody else scattered because I swear he was going to pull out a gun or knife and start taking victims. The he starts SPRAY PAINTING ravenmobile's RV with orange and black paint!

Of course the cops did nothing and eventually the guy sulked away in his drug-induced Who-Dey stupor.

Turns out the paint was the stuff you put in your hair and it came off pretty easily, but it was definitely not funny at the time.

Oddly enough, if you do venture out here, head across the river to Northern Kentucky for things to do.

Wink Re: Cincinnati Game

I attended the game which the Ravens christened the new Bengals stadium with a win, when Stokley caught the TD pass which broke the TD-less streak. Most Bengals fans at that time were very hospitable, although I had an incident with a drunken fan who tried to kick me while walking out the stadium -- he fell on his ass after his shoe caught my heal, and several other Bengals fans came to my defense and carried the drunkard away. Back in 2000, there was little waterfront development around the new stadium, so we just drank beers at our car before & after the game.

There's not much to do in Cincy proper. A few small museums, and the Underground Railroad attraction. Good zoo. Make sure to eat their chili!

I prefer a few nearby cities. Louisville has an historic gas-light district, and some blues bars. Wright Patterson AFB near Dayton has a flight museum which compares with the Smithsonian. You may want to check out hotels in Northern Kentucky, across the river from the stadium.

Getting there, I recommend flying to avoid an arduous 19-20 hour round trip drive. Delta recently announced that they planned to lower fares to their Cincy hub, one of the priciest airports in the US. Seeing is believing -- I have flown to that area many times and have almost always avoided Cincy due the astronomical fares. I recommend getting a Southwest $100 r/t Ding fare into Louisville or Columbus then driving 1+ hours to the stadium. Air Tran also has cheap fares to Dayton.

If you decide to drive, consider the alternate route of I-68 to 1-79 south at Morgantown, then US 50 west across WV, to Ohio 32 (Appalachian Highway) into Cincy. This is about 10 miles shorter than taking I-70, and would take about 1/2 hour longer due to 1/2 dozen signal lights near Cincy -- but it is very scenic and lightly traveled, particularly with trucks. It's 4 lane all the way, mostly controlled access. If you take I-70, first check for Pennsylvania turnpike construction delays and try to avoid Columbus at rush hour.

I'll likely pass on going to Cincy this year in favor of NE, Minneapolis, and West Coast away games.
    Last edited by Mista T; 04-18-2009 at 03:45 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

T: Great directions. I usually take your route during the week because of the less truck traffic, but on the weekend I have better luck going north on 79, getting back on 70 west and then going to cinci via Columbus. I always make better time and there's a bit more of WVA, where the speed limit is 70. Since I make the trip every couple of months, I check the mileage a lot and it is almost the same for me to the mile each way. 480 from my garage to Mom's place in Frederick.

Anyone coming in for the game may also check out Airtran into Dayton. Great prices and Dayton is only an hour away. We fly out of Dayton all the time when there's no time to drive.