Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens - Pending Free Agents

RFAs:

BJ Sams - New - We learned just how valuable Sams was to us, he deserves the 2nd level tender.

Brian Rimpf - Low - Rimpf is a valuable guard, but he probably won't command a contract on the market.

Devard Darling - Non-tendered - Doesn't fit into our plans when he can't beat out Clarence Moore

Clarence Moore - Low - Should be non-tendered, but the coaches love his height.

UFAs:

Adalius Thomas - Franchise - After you use the tag, start working 24-7 on a new contract

Tony Pashos - Re-sign - All of us who dished Pashos, we admit we were wrong. He's no franchise T, but he's good and he's the best option we've got. Lock him up for 3 years.

Jarret Johnson - re-sign - JJ is a versatile, tough nosed player. Bring him back for cheap

Ovie Mughelli - re-sign - proved his worth this year

Aubrayo Franklin - bye bye

Musa Smith - re-sign - Sign Musa to a 1 or 2 year deal, let's see if he can get on the field and prove himself.

Gerome Sapp - bye bye - Dawan is doing fine, we don't need him anymore

Tim Johnson - re-sign for vet min - Tim Johnson did nothing, but we'll bring him back in for a look during TC

Nick Luchey - re-sign for vet min - Look at during TC

Alex Bannister - ? - Probably be brought back for TC?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Why say goodbye to Gerome Sapp?

We need a backup safety. He's a good one, and can play special teams. He's still young. I say hand on to him.

Gotta keep Sapp, he's good for depth, on dime coverage, and special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Does the name Harper LeBel still make anyone else cringe?
    Damn you for mentioning that name, B-More! :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by LBoogy View Post
    Why say goodbye to Gerome Sapp?

We need a backup safety. He's a good one, and can play special teams. He's still young. I say hand on to him.
    We can draft depth at safety this year as well as at DT. This is why Sapp and Frank the Tank probably won't be back. I think Bannister and Tim Johnson make it back with minimum deals after June 1st.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Damn you for mentioning that name, B-More! :grbac:
    Someone refresh my memory on Lebel.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Someone refresh my memory on Lebel.
    First ever regular season game at M&T - against the Steelers - Ravens lose 20-13 - thanks in no small part to 4 or 5 bad snaps from LeBel.

It seemed like the Steeler were playing on a short field the entire game - and they were, thanks to LeBel (who was subbing for Brian Kinchen who had a bad back, IIRC).

It was ugly, real ugly. :bag:
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    EFAs:

Matt Katula
    Mike Smith
    Evan Oglesby
    Cory Ross
    Ronnie Prude
    Dennis Haley
    Ike Nduwke
    Aityyah Ellison
    Mike Kracalik

Team must tender contract to retain - salary is minimum base salary for player with one or two years of accrued service time.

RFAs:

BJ Sams
    Brian Rimpf
    Devard Darling
    Clarence Moore

Team must tender contract to retain - 4 levels

1. Low - $850K salary - right to match other team's offer or team gets draft pick equal to where player was drafted if they don't match

2. New - $1.3M salary - right to match other team's offer or team gets 2nd round draft pick if they don't match

3. Mid - $1.85M salary - right to match other team's offer or team gets 1st round draft pick if they don't match

4. High - $2.35M salary - right to match other team's offer or team gets 1st and 3rd round draft picks if they don't match

UFAs:

Adalius Thomas
    Tony Pashos
    Jarret Johnson
    Ovie Mughelli
    Aubrayo Franklin
    Musa Smith
    Gerome Sapp
    Tim Johnson
    Nick Luchey
    Alex Bannister

IMo we need 2 keep adalius thomas and Musa Smith.

Blog Entries

Sapp and Franklin could be back, but IMO, they aren't that important anymore. That is, unless they sign for sensible deals, we can find equal talent for the same price elsewhere. it's not like Sapp did anything bad, but his biggest reason to be here was to push Dawan Landry and BJ Ward for that starting S spot. BJ isn't coming back and Dawan did an excellent job. Sapp is just ST and S depth now, which again we could get elsewhere.

That said, I'm sure we'll bring him back for TC and make a decision as camp ends.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!