Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Trips

Road Trips

Hey, folks.. know this should be in "ROAD TRIPS", but it seems it hasn't been visited a whole lot lately. I'm a little paranoid about trips across the states, so San Diego seems out. Therefore, Minnesota and Green Bay seem to be the targets. They ARE NOT the targets if the games fall in Nov. or Dec. (I'm an older man and I hate the bitter cold!) Can you all fill me in on opinions on where would be the best place to go. I've heard the last game of the season is in Foxbourgh (RUMOR) so forget that!!!

Blog Entries

Re: Road Trips

Sorry Bartender, but we have a paying advertiser that offers away game trips and in deference to them we don't allow advertising in the threads unless their trip for a destination sells out.
    Last edited by Greg; 03-31-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensarge View Post
    Hey, folks.. know this should be in "ROAD TRIPS", but it seems it hasn't been visited a whole lot lately. I'm a little paranoid about trips across the states, so San Diego seems out. Therefore, Minnesota and Green Bay seem to be the targets. They ARE NOT the targets if the games fall in Nov. or Dec. (I'm an older man and I hate the bitter cold!) Can you all fill me in on opinions on where would be the best place to go. I've heard the last game of the season is in Foxbourgh (RUMOR) so forget that!!!
    I can safely saw I will never spend one penny to go to Green Bay or Minnesota,no matter what time of year it is.

Somewhere on the East Coast,and somewhere south are the only places Im going.

Wink Re: Road Trips

Now that Southwest started service into Minneapolis, a road trip to see Ravens-Vikings, any time of the year in the domed stadium, is almost definite. 90/10

Green Bay is drivable from Minneapolis, so I'll do that as well as long as it's scheduled before November and if I can get reasonably priced tickets. 50/50

San Diego -- been there, done that. However, that could be an appealing trip if scheduled in November to early December. Also, the "Houston" factor -- if Ravenous52 doesn't get shipped off again, there's added incentive to make the cross-country journey. You would have to sit next to the big Marine at a Ravens game, or see his post-game interaction with the players, to appreciate what I'm saying. 50/50

Oakland -- another long weekend trip to Napa Valley is in store. Plus this is one of the few NFL stadia that I have yet to visit. 75/25

Cleveland -- yes, Cleveland. Dump of a city, hateful fans, etc. But one of these years I'll go up there. 25/75

New England -- I get business trips to New England anytime I want. I skipped last season's exhibition game due to torrential downpours (which stopped at gametime). As long as it is played before late November and if I can get reasonably priced tickets, Foxboro is a serious candidate for my presence. 50/50

Pittsburgh -- why would I ever want to go back? My Dad left the filthy steel mills outside of Pitt and never looked back. 10/90

Cincy -- once is enough 0/100
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Ted, I use to live in that region, that drive from Minny to the banks of the Fox River is a long one, especially if it's past October.

Im definitely in for Minn and Green Bay. Like T, I can travel there anytime for work. Im going to GB no matter the month. That's the football mecca!

When I used to live in the Bay Area, I went to an A's game wearing a Ravens hat and it felt like I had a target on my back. More then once, a bottle of warm beer flew past my head. Thank God for bad aim I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Now that Southwest started service into Minneapolis, a road trip to see Ravens-Vikings, any time of the year in the domed stadium, is almost definite. 90/10

Green Bay is drivable from Minneapolis, so I'll do that as well as long as it's scheduled before November and if I can get reasonably priced tickets. 50/50

San Diego -- been there, done that. However, that could be an appealing trip if scheduled in November to early December. Also, the "Houston" factor -- if Ravenous52 doesn't get shipped off again, there's added incentive to make the cross-country journey. You would have to sit next to the big Marine at a Ravens game, or see his post-game interaction with the players, to appreciate what I'm saying. 50/50

Oakland -- another long weekend trip to Napa Valley is in store. Plus this is one of the few NFL stadia that I have yet to visit. 75/25

Cleveland -- yes, Cleveland. Dump of a city, hateful fans, etc. But one of these years I'll go up there. 25/75

New England -- I get business trips to New England anytime I want. I skipped last season's exhibition game due to torrential downpours (which stopped at gametime). As long as it is played before late November and if I can get reasonably priced tickets, Foxboro is a serious candidate for my presence. 50/50

Pittsburgh -- why would I ever want to go back? My Dad left the filthy steel mills outside of Pitt and never looked back. 10/90

Cincy -- once is enough 0/100

My choice this year is Green Bay, unless it is in Nov or December....I went to expedia and choose a random weekend in October. USAIR has a $190 roundtrip through Chitown...and it is only a 3.5 hour trip...not an all day affair....

Otherwise, I will just wait for the playoffs to travel...

UW:happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by underwriter View Post
    My choice this year is Green Bay, unless it is in Nov or December....I went to expedia and choose a random weekend in October. USAIR has a $190 roundtrip through Chitown.
    I believe the Air Tran has started non-stop service BWI-Milwaukee ... that would cut your drive substatially.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I believe the Air Tran has started non-stop service BWI-Milwaukee ... that would cut your drive substatially.
    Count me in for both Cali games and I'm 75/25 on the Minneapolis game.

Leaveland, Pissburgh and especially Cincitucky are about 5/95 on my interest scale.

Depending on time of season and the number of folks we have going, I could be persuaded to make the trip up 95 to Foxboro.

Blog Entries

Are tickets available in Green Bay, though? I thought they were perpetually sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    Are tickets available in Green Bay, though? I thought they were perpetually sold out.
    Everybody has a price.

Saw an uncomfirmed rumor (on another board) that the GB game will be a Monday Nighter.

If it is, it would probably exclude me from going ... which would suck.

Rumor also said Colts and Pats games will be SNF. Only a couple more weeks till we find out for sure...