Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Heyward-Bey Shines at Pro Day, BR.com

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...t_Pro_Day.aspx

Worth reading if you think he will be a bust or an impact player.

WORK ETHIC!!

Re: Heyward-Bey Shines at Pro Day, BR.com

mentioned in the article was this hit..watch at the very end of the clip....a hit that made the other guy puke...funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GIP5TpN858
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

aaaauuuugghhh. ouch. malice in the heart. Fear the turtle.

MD has not had a great team recently, but they have some great players. I am not sure what happened last year with guys like Henderson and Ball going undrafted, but they have at least 5 solid pro prospects coming out this year, maybe even more. The O line did not play up to expectations, but they have some real big athletic guys on O and D line as well as better speed at Wr and Cb than most around the country. The big TE looks like a late round steal.

Blog Entries

They should be better this year. The 2009 Class is in the the NCAA top 25 for commited prospects

Ok, I'm on board with the Heyward-Bey signing as long as we pick up Kevin Barnes in the third or fourth rounds.

if we get him, of course i hope he pans out. i have no faith that he will do a thing in the league though. i do not care if his routes look more polished and natural in a Pro Day workout. what matters is doing it in gametime situations. if he could get that polished working out for an NFL scout before the draft, why could he not get that polished during his career as a Terp?

2 things needed are hands and route running and he has knocks on both. he is a glorified Patrick Johnson at this point. in my opinion, we have DHB on the team. his name is Yamon Figurs.
    I live vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by italianjoker
    he is a glorified Patrick Johnson at this point.
    Yikes. I was thinking exactly the same thing, which unfortunately reminded of how I pimped Pat Johnson for two or three years, claiming that he was going to turn the corner and become the great WR we needed. Sadly, it never happened. :grbac:

<sob> Even I can be wrong!

Why gamble a first round pick on someone so inconsistent?

We have been down this road before.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Why gamble a first round pick on someone so inconsistent?

We have been down this road before.
    The same reason we drafted Flacco even after busting on Boller. We need a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Well, now you do have a point there.

But while I share the angst of many here about our early selection of any WR in this year's class not named Crabtree, just because we haven't hit on a WR yet it shouldn't prevent us from rolling the dice again, which is all you can really ever do with a position with that history of unpredictibility in the draft.

Even supposedly "can't-miss" prospects with all the physical attributes, like Charles Rogers(!), can sometimes blow up in a team's face, while relatively unheralded guys like Steve Largent go on to become NFL legends.

There is no foolproof way to determine who can transfer their mental and physical abilities from the college gridiron to the pro game and luck has a lot more to do with it than the "experts" would be willing to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    But we dont need THAT receiver.

There are plenty of WR's in the draft with better stats and more playing time than DHB.

Im tired of picking someone simply because they had a great combine, did some sort of gimmicky off season stunt, etc ....