Jason Brown's contract with Rams disapproved by NFL

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11483191

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams and agents for Jason Brown are working to adjust the contract signed by the free-agent center after it was disapproved by the league.

The problem with the original contract centers on a buyback for the final season. The deal voids after four years if certain performance levels and team accomplishments are reached, but the Rams can buy back that final year for $2.3 million.

However, new rules in the NFL that are part of the last year with a salary cap mandates that salaries can't increase by more than 30 percent of the first-year total. Brown will be paid $4 million in salary/roster bonus this season, so no increase in future years can be greater than $1.2 million from the previous year.

Brown's salary in 2012 is $5 million and $6.2 million in 2013, the final year of the contract. If the buyback is exercised, his final-year compensation would be $8.5 million, an increase of $3.5 million from the year before.
    O's, Stroh's and Nappy Ho's

Re: Jason Brown's contract with Rams disapproved by NFL

thats interesting... but I thought Haynesworth's contract jumps to like $29 million a year somewhere in the middle of the 10 year contract. is that not allowed or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by AWhitt1 View Post
    thats interesting... but I thought Haynesworth's contract jumps to like $29 million a year somewhere in the middle of the 10 year contract. is that not allowed or am I missing something?
    i guessed they figured it was the Redskins so they didn't waste time...

Quote Originally Posted by AWhitt1 View Post
    No, he has something like a $29MM roster bonus after year 4.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

It'll be reworked.

PP