Thread: The Steelers

The Steelers

Steelers love to have that fast 3rd Wr...

GALLOWAY VISITS STEELERS
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2009, 11:43 a.m.

The Pittsburgh Steelers need a third receiver, in the wake of the departure of Nate Washington.

And there’s a chance that, for 2009, they might be making a significant upgrade.

Free-agent wideout Joey Galloway is visiting the team today, according to Gerry Dulac the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Galloway’s tenure in Tampa overlapped with Steelers coach Mike Tomlin’s time there, when he served as defensive backs coach.

Galloway, 37, fell out of favor last year under coach Jon Gruden. But the thinking is that Galloway can still play at a fairly high level.

He’s also a native of Bellaire, Ohio, the town in which some Internet NFL hack with whom you might be acquainted was born.

Blog Entries

Re: The Steelers

He has some juice left in the tank, but I think with his age he will be to brittle to play in the AFC North and handle the hard hitting.

Blog Entries

i thought they let Washington leave because they wanted to elevate Limas "I Watch Myself On The Scoreboard and Drop the TD" Sweed...let them sign Galloway, he won't make it through a full season I bet.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Galloway would have been a huge signing five years ago.

Today? He'll play half to three quarters of the games, and he's lost 25% of his speed. Washington is a better player than he is.

Not saying it isn't a good signing, but just that it's nothing I'd even blink at.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    i thought they let Washington leave because they wanted to elevate Limas "I Watch Myself On The Scoreboard and Drop the TD" Sweed...let them sign Galloway, he won't make it through a full season I bet.
    God I remember that play. Where did he think he was? "I'll just lay here because I missed a huge catch and waste a timeout for my team..." :D

Man that was great. Too bad it didn't cost them the game, then it would be one of my all time favorites.

Who was the internet hacker?
    :D ;) :D

Quote Originally Posted by Andon View Post
    Who was the internet hacker?
    I think it was Mike Florio

Drew Forrestor has an interesting observation today concerning the Steelers.

With Bryant McFadden signing on in Arizona, the Steelers have an opening at corner. Drew sources an AFC executive with speculation that the Steelers could go after Chris McAlister.

http://wnst.net/wordpress/drewforres...-owings-mills/

In CMac's radio interview with Jerry Coleman, he said he wouldn't want to play for Pittsburgh. When pushed for further comments, he said you "never say never".