Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OT: Hope you guys weather Ernesto ok

Well, Fells, at least you aren't working so it could be a whole lot worse.

Power just came on after being off about 4 hours. Looks like it's calming down a little bit. Still windy as hell though.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

My lights have been flickering but haven't gone out YET.

The drive home was miserable.

We've had inches of rain already at my house and the wind blew the tarp off my neighbor's construction project, an addition on his house. I'm glad I have a real roof.

I do wish I was a cat person, though. Dealing with dogs who need to go out during a tropical storm is NOT fun.
    Oderint dum metuant

Yeah tell me about it. I had a brilliant plan of taking my Pugs out under the trees in my backyard, but that plan fell through when I found out the leaves weren't stopping the rain.

We had one of our window screens blow off, and alot of limbs in the yard, other than that no real damage.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Drkraven Love me some Scorpions.

Took me over two hours to go from Highland to Hagerstown....I left at 2:30 and didn't arrive home until nearly 5 PM. Normally takes me about an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half....accidents were the main culprit...especially near and around Fredrick.

What fun....
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Wife and I hope everyone is ok.

Windy and rainy as hell here on the beach. It seems worse than Isabell, although everything we read says that the winds are only 35 mph--sure seems like more. The building behind us has lost almost their entire garage ceiling--the debris is strewn up and down the street al the way to Coastal Highway. Fortunately no loss of power so we're watching the SF/SD game.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Golly . . . here in lovely northern Carroll County we have some wind and rain but nothing to brag about.

Where's Bert? Has he washed away on Gilligan's Island?

:D
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Looks like it just turned out to be a rainy day with a little wind here in Towson.Nothing special.