Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

RavenFan19's Mock Draft 1.0

I know mock drafts are a dime-a-dozen, but I really enjoy this time of year. For those of you who don't know me from the BaltimoreSun forum, I am a major nerd when it comes to the draft and potential draftees. I like analyzing players coming out of college and trying to figure out where they will likely end up. I know it is a crapshoot either way and even when guys like Mel Kiper Jr do it, the process is still a crapshoot and all assumption.

I watch film on these guys, I have a few friends who work for scouting agencies, and while I was stationed down in Florida I got to check out a couple Senior Bowls and listen to what coaches were looking for in certain players and how they described certain player's abilities. It was very interesting and I really enjoyed going. My dream job is to take over for Mel Kiper or Todd McShay or someone of the like.

Anyway, enjoy, discuss, have at it! Thanks.

RavenFan19’s NFL Mock Draft

Round 1:

Detroit Lions – Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia, 6’3” 237lbs
    The Lions have a lot of holes, but the Falcons and the Ravens proved that you can win games with a rookie QB. Stafford faced the toughest competition playing in the SEC and would not be a hard sell to become the face of the Lion’s disorganized franchise. An OL’man would make a lot of sense here if they can finagle a trade for Matt Cassell.

St. Louis Rams – Andre Smith, OT, Alabama, 6’5” 340lbs
    Marc Bulger may be getting up there in age, but he can still sling it. They have some fresh talent at the WR positions and they still have easily one of the best RB’s in the game with Steven Jackson. The Ram’s biggest problems have been keeping their OL healthy. Andre Smith makes a lot of sense here because he can play either tackle position as well as either guard position. My guess is that he will start at guard this year and then in a year or two when Orlando Pace moves on, Smith can slide out to the LT spot.

Kansas City Chiefs – Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia, 6’6” 315lbs
    The Chief’s have a new GM and a new HC, that usually spells a likely scenario for a new franchise QB, which would probably be Mark Sanchez from USC, however I think Tyler Thigpen has made enough of a case for himself that they will forego a signal caller at this juncture and solidify their porous OL. Not only that, but Sanchez isn’t top-5 material. They drafted Brandon Albert last year, but he is a natural guard. Drafting Monroe allows them to slide Albert down to the LG spot and presto, they have a pretty solid young left side of the OL for Larry Johnson to run behind and to protect Thigpen.

Seattle Seahawks – Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech, 6’3” 215lbs
    Easily the best overall player in the draft and he fills a need for Seattle. Bobby Engram is ancient and Deion Branch cannot stay healthy. They were so stressed for WR’s last year that they actually brought back Koren Robinson. Not that it mattered because Hassleback couldn’t get healthy last year either. Crabtree will sell seats, jerseys, and will give their offense that potent threat for Hassleback to throw to.

Cleveland Browns – Malcom Jenkins, CB, Ohio State, 6’1” 204lbs
    A lot of people think that Jenkins is best suited for the FS position in the NFL, but either way the Browns can certainly use the help in their secondary. If Jenkins proves that he can compete has a CB then they can certainly use him as such, but if he proves to be like Antrelle Rolle and be better suited as a FS, then the Browns can use him there as well because their secondary just isn’t cutting it right now.

Cincinnati Bengals – Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas, 6’4” 260lbs
    The Bengal’s have one of the worst defenses in the world. Not only can they not stop the run very well, but they cannot generate any pressure on the opposing QB’s, which pretty much is a direct result for their secondary getting picked apart. A safety and a LB make sense here as well, but I don’t think that there are any safeties or LB’s worth a top 10 pick, plus there will be plenty of both in the 2nd round to choose from. Orakpo is a nightmare for OL’men because of how quick his 1st step is. He is light on his feet, quick, and just doest quit. He is the pass rush that the Bengals haven’t had in quite some time.

Oakland Raiders – Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss, 6’5” 318lbs
    Oher is a punishing run-blocker and isn’t too shabby at pass-protection either. As much as Zombie Al wants to draft Jeremy Maclin or Darius Heyward-Bey here because they ran 4.2's at the combine, he resists and goes with the smart move by building up their OL, which is in shambles by the way.

Jacksonville Jaguars – Jason Smith, OT, Baylor, 6’5” 300lbs
    The Jaguars OL last year was horrific, not their fault, everyone just got hurt and who could have anticipated one of their OT’s getting paralyzed from gun-shut wounds? Khaliff Barnes is very talented, but is a jerk in the locker room and has yet to really show up to pre-season in shape and ready to go. Jason Smith may not be from a big school, but he easily has the best footwork out of any of the available OT’s in this draft. He has a lot of upside, but not as much as Monroe, Oher or Andre Smith, which is why they will be taken before him most likely. Smith works well here too because if the Jags feel the need to, they can move him down to either guard spot as well.

Green Bay Packers – Everette Brown, DE/OLB, Florida St, 6’4” 250lbs
    The Packers hired Dom Capers to be their new DC, which means he will more than likely be looking to switch their personnel over to what he wants to run his 3-4 defense. They have some larger DT’s that can rotate as the NT in the 3-4 and Cullen Jenkins and Aaron Kampman are perfect 3-4DE’s. AJ Hawk will likely slide back to an ILB spot beside Nick Barnett and that really leaves the OLB spots to be filled. Brown is an incredible pass rusher and is very athletic. He may struggle in pass-coverage for a while, but I would expect him to be utilized more for blitz schemes out of the 3-4 OLB spot.

San Francisco 49er’s – Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois, 6’ 205lbs
    Walt Harris is ancient and the 49er’s secondary is pretty depleted as well. They have a pretty solid front 7 with guys like Justin Smith, Pat Willis, and Kentawn Balmer, but other than Nate Clements, it isn’t too difficult to pass all over the 49er’s secondary. Davis (Vernon Davis’ little brother) could fill in nicely as a nickel back at first until he gets the swing of things and then step into a starting CB role before the end of next season.

Buffalo Bills – Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech, 6’7” 257lbs
    The Bills don’t need much on offense outside of a TE and there are no TE’s worth a top 15 pick this year, though there are some good ones. The top two DE’s are gone (Brown and Orakpo), so Michael Johnson it is. And that’s not such a terrible thing either as Johnson is a very rangy and quick DE. He uses his hands very well and he has the burst to go inside or outside when rushing the passer. The Bill’s need another DE as Schobel has had some health issues the past couple of years and Kelsay isn’t someone you want out there on every play. Beside Marcus Stroud, Johnson could be devastating for opposing offenses.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: RavenFan19's Mock Draft 1.0

Denver Broncos - BJ Raji, DT, Boston College, 6’1” 334lbs
    The Bronco’s defense was terrible last year and it needs to be addressed NOW if they ever want to get back to the post season. Mike Nolan is their new DC and he is notorious for running the 3-4 scheme. Currently, they have a few LB’s who are decent, but they really have very little on the DL that can fit into the 3-4 personnel. The centerpiece of a 3-4 is a run-stuffing, lane-clogging, NT and Raji is just that. He dominated OL’men at the Senior Bowl and is coveted by several teams for the DT position.

Washington Redskins – Eben Brittain, OT, Arizona, 6’6” 310lbs
    Brittain is an incredible athlete and has great extension with his arms and excellent footwork. He can play either RT or LT, but excels in pass protection from the LT spot. The Redskins need help on the DL as well, but Brittain is a solid pick at this spot. There would not be a solid option later in the draft at the OT spot. Jansen is 33 and coming off of another season riddled with injuries and Chris Samuels can go down in an instant as well. Stephon Heyer played well and will likely earn a roster spot, but is still pretty raw. Given their injury histories I wouldn’t be surprised to see Samuels and Jansen cut loose in the near future. Brittain could be a day-1 starter for the Skins.

New Orleans Saints – Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forrest, 6’3” 241lbs
    The Saints secondary is kind of suspect as well, but assuming Tracey Porter picks up where he left off last year prior to getting injured, the Saints will be ok with their CB’s. Jonathan Vilma is set to be a FA and I am not sure if he will be re-signed again or not. There is also word floating around that MLB Dan Morgan is going to try and make a comeback with the Saints. Either way, Curry is way too good of a value here to pass up on. He can rush the passer from any spot on the field, stop the run, and is solid in pass-protection. All of which, the Saints desperately need. Maybe this way Brees won’t have to throw for 5,000 yards again because their defense can stop people…just saying.

Houston Texans – Larry English, DE, NIU, 6’3” 255lbs
    The Texan’s DL is not terrible, but they can only really generate a decent pass-rush from Mario William’s side. The other side doesn’t really do much and Larry English is very quick off the ball. He has solid finesse moves to get around most blockers and amounted close to 23 sacks in two seasons. He would also allow Anthony Weaver to move inside beside Amobi Okoye and play a 4-3 DT, which his skill-set is much better suited for.

San Diego Chargers – Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC, 6’3” 258lbs
    The Chargers don’t need too much actually, I just think they had a spell of bad luck last year. Norv Turner certainly doesn’t help, but what are you gonna do? Maualuga is the perfect 3-4 ILB because he stops the run with the best of them, is a tenacious blitzer, and is soft hands for a LB. He is great value here and like CB’s, you can never have enough good LB’s. Matt Wilhelm and Stephen Cooper are the starting ILB’s right now and they are solid, but they aren’t the playmaker that Maualuga is.

New York Jets – Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia, 5’11” 210lbs
    Thomas Jones will be 31 this year and even though he had a solid season last year, he is still pretty notorious for being an up-and-down RB. Leon Washington isn’t an every-down type of RB, so the Jets could really use someone to split carries with Jones and move into the role of the starter in the next couple of years.
    Moreno gives them a franchise RB and he could really thrive in the Jet’s offense. He has great hands, runs solid routes, and is quite speedy. Easily one of the more electrifying players coming out of this year’s draft and you need to be a flashy/electrifying type of player to play in the Big Apple…or that’s what I hear.

Chicago Bears – Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri, 6’1” 202lbs
    Could Kyle Orton be the real deal? He look impressive in some games this past season; enough for me to think that the Bears won’t be looking for a franchise guy just yet. They got their RB last year in Forte and have a decent OL moving forward. The Bears will always have a productive defense and now that Rod Marinelli is working their DL I actually expect their DL production to go up. Harvin works here because they don’t really have a WR to speak of. Brandon Lloyd is too inconsistent and gets hurt a lot, Marty Booker was just cut, Devin Hester is still an experiment at this point, but showed flasshes and they drafted Earl Bennet out of Vanderbilt last year, but other than that they don’t really have any WR’s to speak of. Maclin is a pretty dynamic player and can give Orton a more consistent weapon to work with out on the field.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Mark Sanchez, QB, USC, 6’3” 225lbs
    This year’s QB class is pretty weak, so if the Bucs are going to try and pick one up then they should probably consider taking Sanchez here. While he may not be the ideal pick (had Sam Bradford come out too then it would be a frenzy for him), Sanchez still has a lot of the tools that you look for in a QB. Currently the Bucs have Griese, Josh McCown, Luke McCown, and Josh Johnson on their roster as QB’s. None of those guys are going to be the future QB for the Bucs and with the new regime down there it might be time for them to consider actually drafting and grooming a QB for the future.

Detroit Lions – James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio St, 6’3” 243lbs
    The Lions need help all around and Laurinaitis is a great value here for the MLB spot. Their only real LB to speak of currently is Ernie Simms and he can’t do it all out there. Laurinaitis is a day-1 starter and is a solid all-around LB in all facets of the position.

Blog Entries

Philadelphia Eagles – Louis Delmas, S, W. Michigan, 5’11” 198lbs
    Delmas had an incredible Senior Bowl and was easily the best safety out there. He solidified his spot as the top safety in the draft and boosted himself up into the 1st round because of it. Delmas just has a nose for the ball and is a tackling machine. He racked up 100 tackles, 4 for loss, 3 passes defense, 4 int’s and 1 pick-6. He reminds me a lot of Ed Reed out there if you get a chance to watch some game footage of him. This also makes sense due to Brian Dawkins being a FA and potentially not coming back. Either way, Dawkins is in his mid 30’s and likely won’t be playing in a year or two.

Minnesota Vikings – Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss, 6’1” 290lbs
    Pat Williams is in his mid-30’s and has had nagging injury problems as of late, not too mention the whole issue with him maybe taking steroids? Who knows, but the Vikes need to get younger on the DL and Peria Jerry could not be stopped this past season by practically anyone he lined up against. He may not be able to clog the lanes like Pat Williams can, but he can cause havoc in the backfield. Considering how incredible that DL already is, Jerry should be able to really make a name for himself beside Jared Allen and Kevin Williams.

New England Patriots – Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU, 6’5” 292lbs
    The Patriots are going to have to start trimming the salary cap down if they want to keep some of their younger players. Guys like Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymore could be hitting the road in the next year or two. The Pats run a 3-4 and Jackson is the perfect 3-4 DE. He isn’t much of a pass-rusher, but he is a hell of a run-stopper and that is the sole job of the 3-4 DE.

Atlanta Falcons – Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma St, 6’5” 257lbs
    The Falcons scored big time with Matt Ryan and Michael Turner so the only think left to add to their arsenal of playmakers is a solid all-around TE. Pettigrew isn’t very fast, but what he lacks in speed he makes up for in good hands and good blocking techniques. This will also be helpful since they may have some questions at the OT spot next season.

Miami Dolphins – Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, Penn St, 6’4” 240lbs
    Jerry Porter is a heck of an OLB in the 3-4, but he is expensive and is getting older. Parcells has already started trimming the older guys out by letting Zack Thomas and Jason Taylor go. I know Porter isn’t unproductive, but I would imagine in the next year or two he will be asked to take a paycut or hit the FA Market. Maybin is an awesome pass-rusher and is perfect for the OLB spot in a 3-4, even though he played DE at Penn State. Maybin just has tremendous upside with being only 20 years old and coming off of a season where he racked up 20 tackles for loss and 12 sacks, his services will be valued highly in this draft. Parcells loves guys with high motors who can get after the QB and Maybin is certainly that.

Baltimore Ravens – DJ Moore, CB, Vanderbilt, 5’11” 185lbs.
    The more and more I thought about it, the more I realized that there will be a top tier WR available somewhere in the 2nd round and it will be a lot more likely to find good talent at the WR spot in the 2nd than it is to find CB talent this year. Moore may not be a physically dominating CB, but he is fluid in all of his movements in coverage and can keep up with practically anyone. He has great hands. So much, in fact, that he was used as a WR in some packages at Vanderbilt. He is a solid punt and kick returner as well averaging over 14 yards per return during his time at Vandy and any Ravens fan will tell you that Yamon Figurs has been more than disappointing in the return game. CMAC is 32 years old and will likely be cut. Rolle is roughly the same age and has nagging injury issues, plus he just doesn’t have the wheels anymore. Fabian is a serviceable starting CB, but he can be exposed often as well. Moore reminds me a lot of Assante Samuel.

Indianapolis Colts – Sen’Derrick Marks, DT, Auburn, 6’1” 290lbs
    Marks has a high motor on him and has a lot of upside. He registered 10 tackles for loss and 2 sacks this past season at Auburn and if anyone followed Auburn’s team this past season it was quite disappointing. Marks was one of the only bright spots on the team. He has a quick burst and is solid against the run, which is exactly what the Colts need. Another plus is that he would be one of the larger DL’men on their team.

Philadelphia Eagles – Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State, 6’1” 235lbs
    Boy, imagine the Eagle’s surprise if Wells is still on the board here when they pick! He is an incredible runner and rarely goes down with the first hit. Westbrook turns 30 this year and though he hasn’t slowed down much, he has been hit with the injury bug a few times the past couple of seasons. For some reason Reid doesn’t like to run the ball with Westbrook, but when he does the Eagles are very hard to beat. Wells can replace Buckhalter as the #2 RB and eventually take over as the #1 RB in Philly for many years to come. He is much more of a dynamic runner than Buckhalter is, which makes him an ideal 3rd down RB for the Eagles as well. This was actually a tough decision for me because I think the Eagles are fairly complete in a lot of areas. I could very well see them trading down here rather than picking.

New York Giants – Clint Sintim, UVA, 6’3” 254lbs
    The Giants need very little on the offensive side of the ball. One could make an argument for the WR position assuming Plax can’t play, but the Giants have been stockpiling young and talented WR’s, so they may feel comfortable enough moving forward with Steve Smith, Mario Manningham, and Domenik Hixon getting most of the looks in the future. Sintim is a great prospect for the OLB spot and the Giants need some decent depth at the OLB. He reminds me a lot of Terrell Suggs when Suggs was coming out of college.

Tennessee Titans – Percy Harvin, WR, Florida, 5’11” 196lbs
    The Titan’s WR’s are about as pedestrian as they come. Justin Gage seemed to come on towards the end of the season and Brandon Jones is ok, but after those two guys they really don’t have much talent at the WR position. Part of Vince Young’s problem was that he was used to having a WR where he could just throw it deep and they could just run underneath it and catch it. Harvin may not be a monster-physical receiver, but he has speed for days and he has a knack for the big play. Eventually he could turn into a Steve Smith/Wes Welker type of player, which would certainly open up the Titan’s running game, but for starters his speed alone is something that must be considered.

Arizona Cardinals – Brian Cushing, OLB, USC, 6’3” 244lbs
    Bertrand Berry likely wont be re-signed and Chike Okeafor is in his 30’s as well. They have Travis LaBoy, but he isn’t a big time playmaker at the OLB spot either. Assuming they can re-sign Karlos Dansby, they will probably be looking to pick up a few more younger LB’s and Cushing is definitely an excellent prospect for the 3-4 OLB spot due to him being well balanced in rushing the passer, stopping the run, and pass-coverage. His strong point is rushing the passer though. Could develop into a very good OLB under Whisenhut.

Pittsburgh Steelers – Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma, 6’5” 340lbs
    The Steeler’s biggest need is the interior of their OL. It’s terrible. If you watched the Super Bowl then you noticed Darnell Docket of the Cardinals making a habit of pushing the OG’s and center back into the pocket. The Steeler’s are a pretty complete team, even after losing their FA players, so OG makes a ton of sense here. Especially because Robinson is the best OG in this draft by far and could be taken in the top 20’s, but I see him sliding a bit. He could pretty much supplant Stapleton or Koemoeatu within the first few weeks of OTA’s and pre-season training.

4. Re: RavenFan19's Mock Draft 1.0

andre smith wont be the first tackle off the board. too many questions about his weight and character, he might be the third tackle taken...

Stafford sucks, If I ran detroit I would take Crabtree or trade the pick for Cassel or McNabb. The SEC is not all that and the Gt D made him look terrible.
    Pettigrew is going higher. Mel says 12 to the Bills.
    Curry is a top 10 for sure, maybe top 5.
    The Eagles are not taking a saftey in the 1st round. They need a tackle, I can see a linebacker, maybe even a running back or WR, but not a saftey. They had the 3rd ranked D, they need a running game, and O line or a power back to spell Westbrook makes more sense.
    Oz passed on a lot of Cbs last year, and has not drafted one in the 1st round since C Mac. Unless the guy looks like a "shutdown" cb, there is not enough difference in the ability of the top guys in the draft and the 2nd and 3rd round or mid level free agents. I expect to see 2 or 3 new CBs on the team, but I doubt we take one in the 1st round unless Smith from Utah blows them away.

I know the Ravens like to take the best player at the position in the 1st round when they can, and I like the C from Cal, Alex Mack if we lose Jason Brown or franchise him.

DHB or Nicks should also be worth 1st round pick. I think the only way to get a big #1 wr at the right price is to draft and develop one. Both these guys have the potential to be all pro, well rounded WRsthat can block, get vetrical or run bubble screens and crossing routes. They could have been top 5 picks next year or even this year had they played with better Qbs like in the Big 12.
    There are a lot of good wr prospects in this draft, but only a few with elite potential, and I think we should take the risk now that we have the QB and the possesion WRs. The lack of top tier production and underclass status are a concern, but the higlights are incredible and potential is sky high.

Blog Entries

Interesting. Speculation for sure, but thoughtful reading and fun for this time of year.

Some thoughts... I can't see Lions still having the overall #1 for an OL if they get Cassel. Add to that Jeremiah's suggesting Crabtree (which I can see as a possibility) I would find it hilarious that after firing Millen they take a WR in the first round again ... there may be some things that never change LOL.

Saints, according to my nephew in La, are in severe need of a safety (preferrably strong). So I have half an eye on what they do in FA, (because LB is also a need) will they fill the S hole before the draft? If so then probably a LB. If they get a LB, then I'd expect to see Delmas strongly considered.

If Detroit goes with Stafford then I hope they build their line through free agency or the draft because he would be a Joey Harrington in the making if you dont protect him. No one is going to touch Matt Cassel!! The Pats are stuck with him. I like the D.J Moore pick for us! He is on my list! Good draft analysis!!!!
    Its Baltimore So You Need To B-More Careful!!

Good stuff,although my boy Alphonso Smith will be taken before DJ Moore and he will come to the Ravens and be a star.

There have been some questions about Andre Smith lately,and his stock has slipped a little.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    andre smith wont be the first tackle off the board. too many questions about his weight and character, he might be the third tackle taken...
    I have heard the weight thing, but character issues? That could pretty much be attributed to practically anyone getting drafted. The only negative he has against him that was made public was how he had contact with an agent before the end of the season, which resulted in him not being able to play in their bowl game. That was a monster mistake, for sure, but you can't tell me that these 22 and 23 year old guys aren't stoked and anxious to get going for the NFL. The agent(s) he spoke with are at fault too and as a matter of fact they should have the decency to acknowledge (and follow) the rules and regulations that are present.

That being said, the reason why I think he could potentially be the 1st OT off the board is because the raw talent is there and his potential is not really known. Guys like Eugene Monroe and Michael Oher are very, very, very good, but their ceiling probably isn't as high as Andre Smith's. Now, that could result in 1 of 2 things. Either the team that takes an OT first wants someone who can step in and play at a high level right away, but probably plateau off/peak sooner rather than later, OR they take someone who is very talented and has a solid understanding of the game, but needs a little bit of polishing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Interesting. Speculation for sure, but thoughtful reading and fun for this time of year.

Some thoughts... I can't see Lions still having the overall #1 for an OL if they get Cassel. Add to that Jeremiah's suggesting Crabtree (which I can see as a possibility) I would find it hilarious that after firing Millen they take a WR in the first round again ... there may be some things that never change LOL.

Saints, according to my nephew in La, are in severe need of a safety (preferrably strong). So I have half an eye on what they do in FA, (because LB is also a need) will they fill the S hole before the draft? If so then probably a LB. If they get a LB, then I'd expect to see Delmas strongly considered.
    The Saints need a lot of help practically everywhere (except the DL) on defense.

I have been hearing the Saints being linked with Brian Dawkins and potentially a trade to the Cowboys for Roy Williams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Stafford sucks, If I ran detroit I would take Crabtree or trade the pick for Cassel or McNabb. The SEC is not all that and the Gt D made him look terrible.
    The SEC is the toughest conference in college football. The closest competitor to the SEC is the Big12, but they are not ridiculously tough from top-to-bottom like the SEC is. Outside of the Longhorns, Sooners, Mizzou, and Red Raiders (sometimes) the Big12 is pretty boring. Every now and then a peripheral team pops up like Kansas State or Texas A&M, but it's always the same teams in the top of the Big12. You can't really say that about the SEC.

Pettigrew is going higher. Mel says 12 to the Bills.
    Well, Mel Kiper also said that Devin Thomas would go in the top 20 last year as well. I'm not saying it isn't possible for Pettigrew to go in the top of the draft to a team like the Bills (especially if they part ways with Robert Royal), but the talent on the DL and OL is much more worthy of top picks in the draft than TE. Plus, there is a very good chance that Chase Coffman or James Casey would be around for the Bills in a later round. The drop-off in talent between Pettigrew and Coffman is not that much as far as I am concerned. There is also the chance that the Bills pick up LJ Smith or Bo Scaife out of Free Agency.

Curry is a top 10 for sure, maybe top 5.
    I definitely agree. I have seen a lot of mock ups with him going to the Browns. That could definitely happen.

The Eagles are not taking a saftey in the 1st round. They need a tackle, I can see a linebacker, maybe even a running back or WR, but not a saftey. They had the 3rd ranked D, they need a running game, and O line or a power back to spell Westbrook makes more sense.
    I agree that the Eagles need a power back to spell Westbrook and that's why I had them taking Chris Wells. If that doesn't happen there are several other RB's available in this draft that are bigger guys. Shonn Greene, Rashad Jennings, Andre Brown, Glenn Coffee, Arian Foster, Javaris James, etc are all available in the draft and are bigger RB's. In FA there are Ricky Williams, DeShaun Foster, Cedric Benson, Kevan Jones, LaMont Jordan, and Rudi Johnson are UFA's also. So, there are plenty of opportunities for them to get a bigger RB. I have been hearing several rumors about them trading a couple of draft picks to Arizona for Boldin, so that might happen too. I think they could definitely go for a safety in the 1st round, especially one who is a ball-hawk type of safety. Louis Delmas IS that type of safety. I am thinking that the Eagles will not be re-signing Brian Dawkins, so there is a need for the safety position there. I hear you about them needing OT depth, but where they are picking likely won't be anyone worth a 1st round pick anymore at the OT spot.

Oz passed on a lot of Cbs last year, and has not drafted one in the 1st round since C Mac. Unless the guy looks like a "shutdown" cb, there is not enough difference in the ability of the top guys in the draft and the 2nd and 3rd round or mid level free agents. I expect to see 2 or 3 new CBs on the team, but I doubt we take one in the 1st round unless Smith from Utah blows them away.
    I keep hearing Sean Smith's name thrown around, but this guy is more likely to be a safety than a CB. If he runs in the 4.3's then I could see him shoot up the draft board, but if he runs in the 4.4's then I think he probably won't move out of the 2nd round, which we could still get him there too. I see a lot of mock ups with us getting Kenny Britt or Jeremy Maclin in the 1st round, which would be nice, but I doubt Maclin will be there and I think the 2nd round pick will be used for a WR. Oz may not have drafted a CB last year, but he didn't "pass" on any. As a matter of fact, he went on record saying that there were several guys that he wanted to try and move up the board to take (Brandon Flowers being one of them), but it just didnt work out that way. They passed on a CB last year and got Flacco. I'm not really crying about that, especially because CB wasn't a big priority last year. Not with a healthy CMAC, Rolle, and they traded for Fabian Washington. So, it was likely that CB wasn't a big priority for them outside of a few guys. This year, however, is vastly different as the only viable CB that will be on the team next season is Fabian Washington. DJ Moore, as of now, is considered to be the 3rd best CB on the board. I would really love it if Vontae Davis somehow fell into our laps at 26, but I doubt that happens. I like Moore a lot and I think he could be a pretty solid CB for us if we take him. That said, I like Alphonso Smith a lot too. He is very tough and solid in coverage.

I know the Ravens like to take the best player at the position in the 1st round when they can, and I like the C from Cal, Alex Mack if we lose Jason Brown or franchise him.
    If Jason Brown splits then I could definitely see Alex Mack moving up for us. Alex Mack is a beast and pretty much owned every top DT/DE at the senior bowl this past season. He is easily worth a #1 pick, but because he is a center and there aren't many teams who are in dire need of a center, he will probably be on the shelf until the 2nd round.

DHB or Nicks should also be worth 1st round pick. I think the only way to get a big #1 wr at the right price is to draft and develop one. Both these guys have the potential to be all pro, well rounded WRsthat can block, get vetrical or run bubble screens and crossing routes. They could have been top 5 picks next year or even this year had they played with better Qbs like in the Big 12.
    Also very true, but it all comes down to BPA vs. Need vs. Value. If it is between DHB, Nicks, DJ Moore, and Alphonso Smith I would bet that they would go for Moore or Smith first because of the fact that the need for CB outweighs the need for a WR right now. Plus, guys like Kenny Britt and Brian Robiskie would be available in the 2nd round and they are both very good prospects for the WR position.

There are a lot of good wr prospects in this draft, but only a few with elite potential, and I think we should take the risk now that we have the QB and the possesion WRs. The lack of top tier production and underclass status are a concern, but the higlights are incredible and potential is sky high.
    The only WR in this draft with elite potential is Michael Crabtree. The others all have incredible potential, but Crabtree is one of those "once in a lifetime" kind of guys. Like Calvin Johnson was a few years ago. He is the type of player that you just dont pass on. Especially if you need a WR.

ZERO Chance Jim Scwartz takes a QB with the #1 overall..ZERO!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens