Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

From the mouth of Babes...

This morning I dropped my 4 year old off at preschool. One of the other kids in the class was wearing a Shitsburg jersey. My son promptly walks over to the teacher and loudly says "You know, the Steelers are just a bunch of bums!!!" Don't know where he got it, but even though he was bad all day long, he got dessert!

Re: From the mouth of Babes...

My soon to be 4 year old daughter has had a couple great lines this year. First, she says she does not like the "Stealers" because they steal things in Steal Town. I never told her this, she came up with it on her own. It makes sense though for a kid to think this though if you stop and think about it.

Second, a contractor was at my house doing some work and he had a Steeler logo on his truck. My daughter asked my wife whose car was in front of our house. My wife said "One of Daddy's friends." My daughter said "That's not Daddy's friend. Daddy doesn't like the Steelers!!"

Sometimes they make you so proud!

Both of those stories are great!!!

Blog Entries

I commend the parenting!

5. Re: From the mouth of Babes...

Quote Originally Posted by frox View Post
    My soon to be 4 year old daughter has had a couple great lines this year. First, she says she does not like the "Stealers" because they steal things in Steal Town. I never told her this, she came up with it on her own. It makes sense though for a kid to think this though if you stop and think about it.

Second, a contractor was at my house doing some work and he had a Steeler logo on his truck. My daughter asked my wife whose car was in front of our house. My wife said "One of Daddy's friends." My daughter said "That's not Daddy's friend. Daddy doesn't like the Steelers!!"

My smack talking 13 yo needs to be reigned some times. 2 years ago he had Eagle fans almost in tears during a pre-season game. And because "douche" is not allowed he call Hiney Ward a "feminine cleansing product". I got a call home because he asked a kid in a Ben jersey if he was an abused child because his parents let him come to school dressed like that. My husband blames all this on me for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by frox View Post

Priceless!! I haven't laughed this hard since T-Sizzle tackled Brian Westbrook by his jockstrap!!

8. Re: From the mouth of Babes...

These stories make my day. No children yet, but I do have a neice or nephew on the way. Uncle Steve will do his best to have that child following in your childrens footsteps. Thanks again!

My 4 year old son walks around & says "Steelers Suck!!", he will walk up to someone in a Steeler jersey & say it or will say it during the game or Sunday night during the Super Bowl. Now when he does this, I get the evil eye from my wife. I just smile & give him a high 5. I have no idea where he got this from though!!
    That's my boy. Of course my 11 & 14 year olds have been doing it for years. I am such a proud Dad.

COME ON 2009 SEASON!!!

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

10. Re: From the mouth of Babes...

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    My 4 year old son walks around & says "Steelers Suck!!", he will walk up to someone in a Steeler jersey & say it or will say it during the game or Sunday night during the Super Bowl. Now when he does this, I get the evil eye from my wife. I just smile & give him a high 5. I have no idea where he got this from though!!
    That's my boy. Of course my 11 & 14 year olds have been doing it for years. I am such a proud Dad.

COME ON 2009 SEASON!!!
    Sad part is that you are serious. Very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens4ever View Post
    Sad part is that you are serious. Very classy.
    Oh no. The Stooler troll masquerading as a Ravens fan re-emerges...:grbac:

Mista T, can't we do something about this ghosting piece of trash?

Yeah, I find these kind of sentiments to be sad instead of fun or funny.

It's one thing when an adult decides to "hate" another fan base but when kids do it, you know they have learned it conciously or unconsiously from their parents.