Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stealers fans: F*** you Willis as he was carted off

On top of the music in the backround while a player is down on the field with a serious neck injury,apparently the fans of the Stealers joined in the party and were yelling insults and profanity as they were wheeling Willis through the tunnel off the field.

On 105.7 they just said several Ravens players told them that they were yelling "F$%^ you etc as he passed by them.

Total class by the Stealers organization and fans as a whole,and I would have expected nothing less.

Blog Entries

Re: Stealers fans: F*** you Willis as he was carted off

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    On top of the music in the backround while a player is down on the field with a serious neck injury,apparently the fans of the Stealers joined in the party and were yelling insults and profanity as they were wheeling Willis through the tunnel off the field.

On 105.7 they just said several Ravens players told them that they were yelling "F$%^ you etc as he passed by them.

Total class by the Stealers organization and fans as a whole,and I would have expected nothing less.
    They showed him going into the tunnel and they were cheering him. The Ravens players said the fans were cussing him out?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    They showed him going into the tunnel and they were cheering him. The Ravens players said the fans were cussing him out?
    Thats what they said,straight from a few Ravens players themselves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Thats what they said,straight from a few Ravens players themselves.
    I honestly think it was a few bad apples.....most people in that stadium knew the situation and saw the hit and realized that Willis was seriously injured.

I watched from the stands and the vast majority of them were on their feet cheering him throught the tunnel.

As I said on another thread, there were a handful of idiots and drunks but I saw a lot of good natured hardcore fans and didn't encounter any problems.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I clearly heard "Good luck Willis!" in the CBS mix.

Unhappy Re: Stealers fans: F*** you Willis as he was carted off

All I heard on the TV were positive remarks. Mostly, the Steelers fans acted mostly respectful. However, during the long wait while he was on the field, some morons were screaming and whistling, and the Stadium PA system was playing music.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Guess that is to be expected from those Pissburgh dingleberries....

Gotta learn how to beat their arses in their park...

:insane:

Seems there are jerks among all team's fans. If you recall, some Ravens fans cheered an injury to a Ravens player (Kyle Boller.) Showing disrespect to an injured player is inexcusable, period, whether he wears your colors or an opponent's colors. As passionate as sports make us, they're only games - injuries are real life.
    Al

10. Re: Stealers fans: F*** you Willis as he was carted off

Also when Ivy got knocked out, while he was down being attended to, they showed the hit over and over again up on the jumbotron....the crowd of course cheered each time, as he was laying on the ground..... real nice steelers orgainization. Also heard the fans booing their own team in teh championshiip game!! How do their fans get the media to talk them up so much while they dont even act like good fans..
    Last edited by ravensfan1996; 01-20-2009 at 10:00 PM.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

I thought the fans were respectfully quiet while Willis was down and I thought they gave him a generous round of applause from the moment they lifted his stretcher until he was gone through the tunnel.

I was pleasantly surprised, and I won't have my mind changed because some small number of a-holes were acting otherwise.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I was at the game and no one around me said anything negative while Willis was down and they clapped for him when they took him off the field.

I gotta tell ya, I hate the Steelers more than anything, but I honestly was very impressed yesterday with their fans. On our way out of the stadium, several of them stopped us, shook our hands, said good game and congratulated us on a good season. One of my buddies was in the bathroom at one point, and a guy asked him if anyone was giving him a hard time. He said not really, and the guy said good. We love our football here, but you are always welcome.

I could be wrong about this, but I think the people FROM Pittsburgh are a lot different than the ones we deal with around here. It was quite an eye opening experience for me.

For the record, I still hate the Steelers and all their fans! :)