Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Anyone think Julius Peppers would fit?

Julius Peppers has already said that he want's to play in a 3-4 defense not only could peppers come of the edge in a 2 point stance but he would be all over the field. Suggs is a free agent and if we are not able to retain him I think Peppers would be a more than competant pass rusher put him on ngata side and we will have kelly gregg back
    Band of Brothers

Re: Anyone think Julius Peppers would fit?

I guess it depends on what they are going to do with Ray. He won't be happy playing in a 3-4.

Suggs, Ray Ray, and Brown are priority signings. The rest would be gravy...

:word UW

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    I guess it depends on what they are going to do with Ray. He won't be happy playing in a 3-4.
    Not sure what you mean. Peppers has already said that he wants to play in a 3-4, and Ray has been playing in one for years, and seems just fine with it.

Peppers in a 3-4 makes little sense.

6. Re: Anyone think Julius Peppers would fit?

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    He wants to be a hybrid de/lb so he can maximize his potential
    Band of Brothers

Blog Entries

No

Peppers is not a priority. Our own FAs is that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    It really doesnt,and why his agent put that out there is just puzzling to me.

First of all,everyone knows that pash rushing DE's in a 4-3 make a LOT more than OLB in a 3-4 in most cases.Second of all it takes away leverage from the player by limiting the possibiliteis of tema that could be used to bid against each other.

I have no idea what possessed the agent to make this statement,and it serves his client no good whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by reed covers all20 View Post
    Julius Peppers has already said that he want's to play in a 3-4 defense not only could peppers come of the edge in a 2 point stance but he would be all over the field. Suggs is a free agent and if we are not able to retain him I think Peppers would be a more than competant pass rusher put him on ngata side and we will have kelly gregg back
    He would be a replacement for Trevor Pryce. He would be great but is also going to be very expensive.

11. Re: Anyone think Julius Peppers would fit?

He could play anywhere they need him to play replace pryce stand up on pass rushing situations on jarrett johnson side or even drop him back to safety don't act like it can't be done because we had adalius thomas and corner a few plays when he was here just to miss things up
    Band of Brothers

Pryce is under contract for two more years and was fantastic this year. Why is everyone assuming he will be gone?