Too much positive press now

I am getting really scared now. Everyone is propping the Ravens for the Superbowl. Every article i read and everything I watch the Ravens are getting too much love.

Re: Too much positive press now

agreed. when i saw most analysts picked us for the Miami game I was worried as well. now all of a sudden we are a super bowl favorite? Don't like it at all. Luckily, seems like this team does a great job focusing on the task at hand and not listening to articles and press. got a good feeling about this game....I think it is going to happen and when it does get ready for even more purple cool-aid.

Not worried because what people think doesn't mean crap. It is how the Ravens play...period.

I agree about the positve press not being a good thing. But the truth is that without a truly great team around, the Ravens look pretty damn good. I said a couple weeks ago, it was starting to feel like 2000 to me. I feel more of that right now.

Remember though in 2000 against the Titans, the Titans should have won that game. Being the better team and/or playing the better game doesn't always mean you win the ball game. That being said, I think the positive press is on the mark. We are the team right now.

A "What have you done for me lately?" league is now showing its nasty face towards us. We dominate a playoff game and now we're SuperBowl favorites? While most of us agree that once the season began to come into focus, we knew we had a legit shot to take this puppy all the way. Now that the rest of the league and media are catching up to the fact of us being real contenders, we get tons of respect and even more than we would want. Trust me, the rest of the league has taken notice for quite some time now. These "experts" new found respect for us isn't opening the eyes of the league; they've been open for a while.

But we all know that talk is cheap. Articles are worthless. And individual awards can be meaningless. It's all about us - The spirit of Baltimore and the play of our Baltimore Ravens.

Let's Hunt.:happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by sh0time View Post
    A "What have you done for me lately?" league is now showing its nasty face towards us. We dominate a playoff game and now we're SuperBowl favorites? While most of us agree that once the season began to come into focus, we knew we had a legit shot to take this puppy all the way. Now that the rest of the league and media are catching up to the fact of us being real contenders, we get tons of respect and even more than we would want. Trust me, the rest of the league has taken notice for quite some time now. These "experts" new found respect for us isn't opening the eyes of the league; they've been open for a while.

But we all know that talk is cheap. Articles are worthless. And individual awards can be meaningless. It's all about us - The spirit of Baltimore and the play of our Baltimore Ravens.

Let's Hunt.:happyanim
    One word.... POETIC

Make it two words...Poetic Justice. This is coming from a Keith Mills quote from Channel 2 during an O's game.
    FOOTBALL IS BACK!! YOUR 2010 BALTIMORE RAVENS! SUPER BOWL OR BUST