Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Major Keys to Victory

1. Stop the Run
    2. Pressure Collins
    3. No stupid penalties (Walker/Suggs/Gaither)
    4. Commit to the run for us and pop them with play action
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by James R(aven) View Post
    Profound stuff from Madden there!

We need to pound them from the start with L-Train, Stop their running game and get in Collins face forcing him to throw to Ed.

We can NOT turn the ball over and need to score at least two offensive TD's to be in with a chance. Joe has shown in the latter hald of the season that he's WAY smarter with the ball and if it ain't there he'll throw it away. Something we could have done with the last time we faced the Titans!
    I wanna know where you are getting time to post LOL - I agree though, we beat them in the trenches and tire out there line - we run away with it in the 4th Quarter.

Ed to make another 2 picks :D :happyanim

They need to convert in the Redzone...the last month they have not been good inside the 20. Settling for FGs in the playoffs will send you home.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    They need to convert in the Redzone...the last month they have not been good inside the 20. Settling for FGs in the playoffs will send you home.

FM
    It sent the Colts home in 2006 with a W as we held them to 5 FG's in the playoffs. Oh what should have been without digging up the past.

We need to put up points on offense, and defense.
    We WILL stop the run.
    We need to control their passing game, especially the short to mid range over the middle where other teams have consistently maintained long drives.

I agree with all that's been said so far.

As far as the game plan goes:

If they load 8 or 9 in the box on 1st downs I'd like to see more play action passes just to mix it up and keep them guessing as to when we're going to run it. I'm think that if we run it on first down too often against their defense we could see a lot of 3 and outs. Kind of like the Steelers game.

I'd like to see some "wrinkle" plays thrown in that look like our normal plays but have a twist. Blind bootleg, fake screen, etc. We need to keep them off balance. Break our own tendencies just enough that they are gonna wonder what's coming next.

We don't want to get away from what we do best. Just mix in a little unexpectedness on offense.

On defense:

Stuff the run. Stop Lendale White, stop Chris Johnson. Put them in second and long and third and long. Blitz in that situation and force turnovers /get sacks. No big surprises there.....

I think we have a really good chance to win this game.

I agree that the biggest factor in Saturday's game will be which team is more physical than the other. It'll be tough for the Ravens going up against a rested Titans team, especially for a Ravens team that has played without a bye all season. Fortunately, it seems that Coach's tough training camp has conditioned the players and also, I think the coaches have done a decent job rotating players to keep them fresh. It's time to smack the Titans in the mouth for 60 minutes!

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Quote Originally Posted by James R(aven) View Post
    Profound stuff from Madden there!

We need to pound them from the start with L-Train, Stop their running game and get in Collins face forcing him to throw to Ed.

We can NOT turn the ball over and need to score at least two offensive TD's to be in with a chance. Joe has shown in the latter hald of the season that he's WAY smarter with the ball and if it ain't there he'll throw it away. Something we could have done with the last time we faced the Titans!

I think we'll do ok against their run game, but we HAVE to score some points. agree about FGs/TDs. we HAVE to get a few passes (how many long incompletes in Dolphins game?). and here's hoping fatigue won't be a factor (on top of 17 wks in a row we got short week...)
    maybe we'll get a break wi Tenn being rusty? Vandenbosch and the other guy banged up? Kevin Mawae might not play?
    if we can force Collins to win the game, and grab a pick or two...sweet. if not it will be brutal.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)