Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flacco Factoid

Flacco Factoid

I thought everybody may enjoy this stat: Among all rookies, Joe Flacco now has the third best completion percentage all time. To qualify for this record, a rookie QB needs to attempt a certain number of passes, although I don't know the exact number. The list reads:

Ben Roidjfdoihaberger: 66%
    Matt Ryan: 61%
    Joe Flacco: 60%
    Dan Marino: 58%
    Byron Leftwich: 57%

That's some pretty good company.

Re: Flacco Factoid

LOL. Can someone go through the threads and make a compilation of all the various spellings of Ben Rothlesssisisbergr's name?
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

LOL Dave you are so right .. .I think it is due to part hate and part how the hell do you really spell it! LOL

Worthlessberger is the best! However Benneverwearyourmotercyclehelmentagainpleaseberger is a close 2nd !

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Here are some additional monetary values that he received for this year:

Flacco also is being rewarded for his solid production. He recently earned a hefty $3 million bonus for playing 80 percent of the offensive snaps as a rookie. Starting next season, he will have $750,000 added to the base salary of the four remaining years of his contract.

nobody expected JFlacc to get any starts this year. I wondered if he'd see any action at all.
    lots of similarities between JFlacc and Rothspellcheck. both from Ohio, played college ball in 2nd tier schools, both became starters after injuries (remember Tommy Maddox getting racked up by, hm..oh yes, the Ravens), on blue-collar smashmouth AFCNorth teams; big guys with arms and some mobility running run-first offences.
    here's hoping JFlacc gets better protection, and keeps that helmet on.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    nobody expected JFlacc to get any starts this year. I wondered if he'd see any action at all.
    lots of similarities between JFlacc and Rothspellcheck. both from Ohio, played college ball in 2nd tier schools, both became starters after injuries (remember Tommy Maddox getting racked up by, hm..oh yes, the Ravens), on blue-collar smashmouth AFCNorth teams; big guys with arms and some mobility running run-first offences.
    here's hoping JFlacc gets better protection, and keeps that helmet on.
    I could have sworn Flacco was from New Jersey.

7. Re: Flacco Factoid

Joe is from NJ, cant you tell fromt he accent....

check out his website: http://www.joeflaccofootball.com/
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Whacko For Flacco!!!!!!!

That is a great intro to his website!

South Jersey to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel#52 View Post
    I could have sworn Flacco was from New Jersey.
    my bad.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

A "Factoid" Factoid

Not a criticism, but here is a truth about the word factoid--probably the most ironically misused word in the English language.

"Factoid" and "Fact" are not synonyms. In fact, they are antonyms, of sorts.

Here's the dictionary definition of Factoid...

"A piece of unverified or inaccurate information that is presented in the press as factual, often as part of a publicity effort, and that is then accepted as true because of frequent repetition."

Oddly enough, you most frequently see Factoid misused by TV news.

Back to the topic of the thread, however, it's interesting to note that in 1956 Johnny Unitas set what was then the rookie record for completion percentage, at 55.6%. And that's no factoid...it's the truth.