Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Reed confronted about laterals

Looks like the coaching staff finally talked to Reed about his lateraling habits.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ed_reed_2.html

I think he should keep it up if the situation calls for it.
    :D ;) :D

Re: Reed confronted about laterals

Thank God, hopefully he will listen.

that stuff's fun against Jax leading 20-7 but if he pulls that in a tight playoff game...
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    that stuff's fun against Jax leading 20-7 but if he pulls that in a tight playoff game...
    Right...with a big lead maybe...and thats a big maybe. In a tight game...no way.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Anyone recall the botch in the Pats game last year?

It's something that should have been addressed YEARS ago. Sooner or later it will cost the team a big game.

FM

It's Reed though, he's not going to change. He wants to make a play. You take the good with the bad I guess. As stupid as it may be, I remember against Cincy a few years ago it worked quite well.

All you can say is be smart...you cant say dont do it.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

8. Re: Reed confronted about laterals

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    Anyone recall the botch in the Pats game last year?

It's something that should have been addressed YEARS ago. Sooner or later it will cost the team a big game.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    It's Reed though, he's not going to change. He wants to make a play. You take the good with the bad I guess. As stupid as it may be, I remember against Cincy a few years ago it worked quite well.
    Agree 100%. This is the same personality that makes him such a good play maker. He is not going to change. If he does then we lose everything about Reed. Just like you can't expect someone to change when you marry them, you can't expect Reed to change now. We have to live with it.

It's about time someone said something to him. Love the guy as a playmaker, but this has been a blatant problem for years and should have been addressed before this. He's super-scary as a return man both because he's a terrific playmaker, but also because he's a huge liability to give the ball right back to the other team...

- C -

I hope they didn't talk to one of the principal candidates for DPOY, and the best of his generation at his position, as if he's a raw rookie.

I hope he plays smart, but I'm not looking to change him, and "confronting" him now, before Playoff Game #1, sounds stupid. I wasn't in the room & I just hope it was respectful.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    Agree 100%. This is the same personality that makes him such a good play maker. He is not going to change. If he does then we lose everything about Reed. Just like you can't expect someone to change when you marry them, you can't expect Reed to change now. We have to live with it.
    I think you can talk to him about that specific aspect of his game without risk of him no longer returning INT's for touchdowns. He has to know he almost caughed the ball up against the Jags, and he knows he's had problems in the past with it.

It's not like they are going to change his playmaking style. But you can tell him not to lateral anymore.