Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ryan wins rookie of the year - 44/50 votes, Flacco gets zero votes

What a farce...

Last edited by RavensDomination; 12-30-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Re: Ryan wins rookie of the year - 40/50 votes, Flacco gets zero votes

Are you kidding me? Flacco didn't get 1 single vote?? WTF

Ryan - 16TDs, 11INTs, 3440YRDS, 87.7 Rating
    Flacco - 14TDs, 12INTs, 2971YRDS, 80.3 Rating

Yes his stats are better but Flacco played against harder teams. Ryan played against STL, DET, KC.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Where did you see tha Flacco got zero?
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Thats crap Flacco deserved it more then RYAN IMO.

Ryan deserved it, but damn Flacco deserved at least 10 first place votes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Are you kidding me? Flacco didn't get 1 single vote?? WTF

Ryan - 16TDs, 11INTs, 3440YRDS, 87.7 Rating
    Flacco - 14TDs, 12INTs, 2971YRDS, 80.3 Rating

Yes his stats are better but Flacco played against harder teams. Ryan played against STL, DET, KC.
    And Flacco played four games against the Bengals & Browns combined, both got to play some utter dogs.

Personally I'm not overly surprised or disappointed by this result, it's fully what I expected and seems the right result to me that it's Ryan in a landslide. Flacco's had a good season and I'm a little surprised and disappointed he didn't get a single vote, but Ryan has been outstanding for the Falcons, he has been better than Flacco and just about every member of the media has Ryan marginally above everyone else. It's a great rookie class, but Ryan is the tops in everyone's opinion. If it was voted for like the Heisman then it'd have been a closer result because you'd have seen people getting plenty of 2nd & 3rd place votes. But as is, you only put in your first place vote. So even if everyone viewed it as a close run thing but gave it to Ryan as a slight edge, the voting won't reflect that. Personally I don't think it's the best way to go about the voting.

Flacco played against the two top defense on the road this year. Ryan did neither. Ryan's hardest game on the road was at Carolina early in the year and he finished with a 60.8 rating. At Tampa, he put up a 29.6 rating. Facing Tampa at home, he put up a 57.5 rating. At Philly, 68.1 rating.

FWIW, Cincy's defense hasn't looked that bad towards the end of this year, only allowing 19 points in their last three games.

Flacco's toughest road game was at Shitsburgh, he put up an 81.7 rating. Toughest D at home again was Shitsburgh, 22.1 rating. At the Giants, 58.1 rating. At Dallas 96.9 rating. Philly at home, 95.5 rating.

When you compare "like games" it gets really close. Certainly Flacco deserved some votes.

Maybe it will fire Flacco up and he'll swear bloody vengeance upon the Dark Forces of the Media and anyone who gets in his way!!

Use the Force, Joe!!

I am sure playoff W's are more important to Joe than this award. While Matt Ryan certainly is deserving, Joe should have received some recognition. He will get it with a Super Bowl run anyway.....FESTIVUS MAXIMUS!!!!

Blog Entries

I suppose my bone of contention is all year it's been presented that Flacco has the vaunted Ravens D to fall back on and the offense has mainly been the running game anyway. When the D started collapsing in games late in the year people still didn't deviate from the standard line.

In contrast whilst Turner has gotten deserved attention for his play, the Falcons D has been fairly under the radar (aside from Abraham). However the first story was usually Ryan with the rest of the team as a sidenote. There's an imbalance in how the teams were presented, to me.

That said, I think Ryan deserves it.

I think if you asked Flacco what his preference is, he's take a Super Bowl ring over Rookie of the Year.